What's new

"Triple-Milled" does anyone have a definitive listing?

I'm curious as to the reason why one might prefer "triple milled"? Do they really mean they prefer a "hard" soap or soap that lasts a long time- e.g. a pure soap with very little water/oil content? What exactly is the appeal?

EDT strength AS claims are a hoot as well. EDT perhaps if you ask someone how you smell, but they have to be within 2 inches of your face?
To be fair, it seems many EDTs have a lot less longevity and sillage than they did 30 years ago. Most of the recent bottles of EDTs (especially by Calvin Klein) I once bought some 30 years ago are much more aftershave-like in strength.

That said, there are still some modern bottles of decades-old EDTs that are extremely strong, including Geoffrey Beene's Grey Flannel.

I'm curious as to the reason why one might prefer "triple milled"? Do they really mean they prefer a "hard" soap or soap that lasts a long time- e.g. a pure soap with very little water/oil content? What exactly is the appeal?
I would add another aspect to the hard vs soft soap angle, that being some of the pours you see.
Any hard or triple milled soap will, by nature, tend to be a nice uniform pour, whereas some of the softer croap types are more ragged, some being really bad like PAA for instance.
I've got a few PAA and Hoffmans soaps that are such a rough pour it's almost annoying loading the brush; they look like the Grand Canyon with it's peaks and valleys, and product hanging off the side of the container up to the threads.
My MacDuffs soaps, which are also quite soft in nature, have a nice uniform pour.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
As I've explored DE Shaving over the past three years or so - I've tried a lot of different soaps.
I've come to the conclusion that I like the "triple-milled" or "hard soaps" the best.
These include: DR Harris, MdC, MWF, SV, Fine (old formula), Canada.

Has a definitive listing ever been created here?

I'd be curious to know of other markers/brands that also make similarly hard, long-lasting soaps?
Thank you.
I'm not aware of a list, but I suspect you are going to find it extremely difficult to find better soaps than those already on your list.

Top Bottom