What's new

RazoRock Lupo Club - The Pack

Still 95 SB. The Speick Blue AS balm is great. It has some alcohol in it, so it has a similar feeling to an alcohol based splash, only milder.
1704971170456.png

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Thursday, January 11th 2024

Razor : Razorock Lupo.72 2nd generation - Mfg 2021>, mid range. Perfect razor for my razor rotation and checks all the boxes for what I like to use. Excellent machining and finish QC with a nice efficiency range. The scalloped safety bar is a good idea for lather flow. Had a stellar close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : GSB(2) sharp and smoooth with reasonable longevity. Top tier in my shave den space. It is a nice balanced blade that gives sharpness + smooothness blade glide and is not all sharpness so I call it balanced perfect blade.
Soap : Speick stick, nice mild spicy scent with excellent lather qualities. Very hard soap that lasts and is worth every penny spent.
Brush : Yaqi "orbital ring" 24mm boar bristle. Excellent lather generator, soft split ends bristle hairs, nice splay scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Witch hazel soap residual cleanse + Ach Brito cologne aftershave :001_wub: + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 10 stellar.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a stellar close comfortable shave this morning with my RR Lupo.72 with a GSB blade.
SOTD Januray 11 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

DE SOTD, Thursday, January 11th 2024

Razor : Razorock Lupo.72 2nd generation - Mfg 2021>, mid range. Perfect razor for my razor rotation and checks all the boxes for what I like to use. Excellent machining and finish QC with a nice efficiency range. The scalloped safety bar is a good idea for lather flow. Had a stellar close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : GSB(2) sharp and smoooth with reasonable longevity. Top tier in my shave den space. It is a nice balanced blade that gives sharpness + smooothness blade glide and is not all sharpness so I call it balanced perfect blade.
Soap : Speick stick, nice mild spicy scent with excellent lather qualities. Very hard soap that lasts and is worth every penny spent.
Brush : Yaqi "orbital ring" 24mm boar bristle. Excellent lather generator, soft split ends bristle hairs, nice splay scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Post shave : Witch hazel soap residual cleanse + Ach Brito cologne aftershave :001_wub: + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 10 stellar.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a stellar close comfortable shave this morning with my RR Lupo.72 with a GSB blade.
SOTD Januray 11 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Do you have a pic or link to the clear Aloe Vera you're using?

I just had one of those shaves where the stars align.

Lupo 95 SB with my first use ever of the Personna PC from Germany on 48+ hrs growth. Lathered up for two passes with Canada Shaving Soap and a cheap Synbad synthetic brush.

Finished up with an alum block which I only use when trying an unfamiliar blade (very little feedback), cold water rinse, then applied Speick aftershave... waited a bit then a dab of Speick AS balm. My face feels great. A very nice shave.

imageedit_2_9077047692.jpg

I’ve loved my 72OC, and liked my 95SB, but not quite as much as the 72OC. i was curious if I liked the smaller blade gap, or the OC part better, so I finally caved on a 95OC.

I bought one a couple weeks ago, and I love this thing. I really like how well the OC plates secure the plate at more points.

My 95SB will be up for sale as soon as I get it cleaned up.

These are such good razors for the price.

IMG_0404.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Razor : Razorock 2nd generation Lupo.72, Mfg and released January 2021>, excellent mid range IMO. The razor since owning in January of 2021+ with a mature technique performs very well for my Beard type + many others. Excellent machining and finish QC that works well for most folks. Had a close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : Gillette 7oClock Permasharp (3) sharp and smooth with reasonable longevity.
Soap : Cyril R Salter Wild Rose cream, nice rose scented 6/10 redish in color, does not stain my brushes + excellent lather qualities. The more you use CRS creams the more a person enjoys them has been my conclusion.
Brush : Yaqi "barber shop" 24 mm 2band badger. excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + great lather painter. Great brush that has a large handle for folks with larger hands + great for my shaving needs!
Post shave : Italian barber Amici with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 9.5.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my RR Lupo.72 with a Gillette Permasharp blade.
5SOTD Januray 24 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Morning, last night's shave:

Razor: RR Lupo stainless .58 with titanium halo handle
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock Super Stainless (2)
Pre: Hot Water
Soap: Canada Shave Soap
Brush: Omega Boar Pro
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Blue

Great shave last night!!

10/10

Cheers

Hello fine gentlemen, first post, as a owner of a Lupo Aluminium and Lupo 95 SB, may I request to join your fine club🤝🎻

Had both razors for about 10 months, here’s some thoughts:

Lupo Aluminium. Optimal blades: Feather, Supershave X Platinum. My favorite razor out of the likes of the Rocca, Ambassador, Techs, when paired with a Feather. With this combination it shaves superclean, super efficient and with acceptable smoothness. I found other great blades, Nacets, GSBs, Wilkinsons, to be somewhat tugging in the Al. Awaiting the Karve Overlander, lets see if it can dethrone the Lupo.

Lupo 95 SB. Optimal blades: Permasharps. The 95 is way smoother than the Aluminium, but I find the latter to be more effective with the above mentioned blade combinations. Maybe I need more time with this razor.
Using the razorock vintage thin handle, rather than the hd handle which I find unbalanced compared to the rather flat Lupo head. Love the blade-clamping on this thing, u’ll definitely know the blade is locked down thight.

I tend to do two passes: 1 wtg, 1xtg, only atg in the mustache area.

Let me know what you think

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
Lupo 95 SB. Optimal blades: Permasharps. The 95 is way smoother than the Aluminium, but I find the latter to be more effective with the above mentioned blade combinations. Maybe I need more time with this razor.
Using the razorock vintage thin handle, rather than the hd handle which I find unbalanced compared to the rather flat Lupo head. Love the blade-clamping on this thing, u’ll definitely know the blade is locked down thight.
I agree that the heavy HD handle gives the Lupo the feel and handling of a dumbbell. I too use the Thin Bar handle as it makes the Lupo much better handling. I find it difficult to get blades to work with it and the best I've found is the Shark SS

I just recieved a Lupo 72 from the BST, and mowed off 4 days worth. Very nice. I did the first pass with the supplied Halo handle, and thought it a bit long, so swapped it out for a UFO, but I'll ultimately keep the halo paired to it. Great for taking off heavy growth, and it might just finish off my final 4. Lupo, GC .68, Overland and the Karve CB. The search for the perfect razor is over. The Lupo isn't 'it', but the 4 do it for now.

Thanks @Blade5082, no thanks the USPS for bouncing it around the US for 3 weeks before arriving in Canada. I have no problem with that however, I'm very patient. 'It'll get here when and if it gets here'.

Lupo.jpg

I just recieved a Lupo 72 from the BST, and mowed off 4 days worth. Very nice. I did the first pass with the supplied Halo handle, and thought it a bit long, so swapped it out for a UFO, but I'll ultimately keep the halo paired to it. Great for taking off heavy growth, and it might just finish off my final 4. Lupo, GC .68, Overland and the Karve CB. The search for the perfect razor is over. The Lupo isn't 'it', but the 4 do it for now.

Thanks @Blade5082, no thanks the USPS for bouncing it around the US for 3 weeks before arriving in Canada. I have no problem with that however, I'm very patient. 'It'll get here when and if it gets here'.

View attachment 1788396

Very nice and an impressive razor lineup you've gathered. Glad to hear it's working for you.

Just an FYI, if you know a machinist, you can have them cut that Ti handle at the first or second groove below the narrow point if you favor a shorter length.

I grabbed this photo from our friend @Raven Koenes shave journal.

001_01_18 (1).jpg

Very nice and an impressive razor lineup you've gathered. Glad to hear it's working for you.

Just an FYI, if you know a machinist, you can have them cut that Ti handle at the first or second groove below the narrow point if you favor a shorter length.

I grabbed this photo from our friend @Raven Koenes shave journal.

View attachment 1788403
OOOOO, I like that! Looks so much better as well.

I’ve loved my 72OC, and liked my 95SB, but not quite as much as the 72OC. i was curious if I liked the smaller blade gap, or the OC part better, so I finally caved on a 95OC.

I bought one a couple weeks ago, and I love this thing. I really like how well the OC plates secure the plate at more points.

My 95SB will be up for sale as soon as I get it cleaned up.

These are such good razors for the price.

View attachment 1784741
How would you describe the differences between the 95 SB and OC? I have the 95 SB and like it, but if the OC is better….

Top Bottom