What's new

Random Indian blade purchase

These arrived in the mail today. I know Vertice and Zorrik, but the others are mysteries to me. I’m in the middle of Tiger week so I may not get to do a deep dive into these until next week.

Any of you fine shavers have any experience with these?
IMG_2427.jpeg

I've also had experience with Zorrick Blades, but don't remember the outcome. I'm interested in you opinion of these others!!

Haven't tried any but I would think Vertice would be decent - they manufacture at least two types of DE blade for Gillette.

I have some of the Pro 500s. I think they were ok, but I've only used a couple. I have another other brand that I'm pretty sure is from the same company but the name escapes me at the moment.

Shave #2 with the V12. I slid it into Baili Tech clone head and it gave me a pretty effortless DFS+. I am holding to my opinion that this blade favors smoothness over sharpness, but for my face that is not an issue.

I’ll probably move it to my SLOC tomorrow, and then if it is still cutting try it in my Rockwell 6C. I’ll push for a BBS in each of them.

45DE7316-87E4-441E-8B75-4BBAA67454AD.JPG

I ran the V12 through my Maggard Slant today. Very smooth and comfortable, but not super efficient.

I think this is a milder blade that will reward my face with comfort, and I'll just need to remember I'll need a bit more cleanup. As comfy and smooth as this blade is I can accept that trade-off.

I may load up a 'new' blade from my purchase for tomorrow.

Just another report.

I've used a Zorrik Super Platinum out of this order, and it was a very nice blade. A better cutter than the V12, but just as comfortable. I could use this as a daily driver with no issue.

I'm currently using the ShaveX Platinum, and it's been a good shaver as well for the three shaves I've used it in.

If I had to rank them so far it would be Zorrik > ShaveX > V12. All are comfortable with the main difference being sharpness/efficiency.

Top Bottom