What's new

Which Gillette Blades will continue to be made by PPI(Russia)?

I transitioned from Nacet to Personna a couple of years ago but still have nearly 100 Nacets that I use periodically. I find the shave from both blades to be very similar. What I have noticed is that this last batch of Nacets (purchased a few years ago) has crazy amounts of wax sealing to the paper wrap. So much so that the paper tears as I try to remove it forcing a risky endeavor to get it all off of the blade. At first I thought it was a fluke but after 3 or 4 tucks they are all the same. Anyone else experience this? It was never like that in the past.

I transitioned from Nacet to Personna a couple of years ago but still have nearly 100 Nacets that I use periodically. I find the shave from both blades to be very similar. What I have noticed is that this last batch of Nacets (purchased a few years ago) has crazy amounts of wax sealing to the paper wrap. So much so that the paper tears as I try to remove it forcing a risky endeavor to get it all off of the blade. At first I thought it was a fluke but after 3 or 4 tucks they are all the same. Anyone else experience this? It was never like that in the past.
That happenedly to me recently with some Gillette Silver Blues. 2 fat blobs of wax.

Remember NOS exists. There may be millions of PPI made blades floating around the supply chain now ( and for a few more years ) so the ability to purchase PPI made blades in the market is not evidence that production of those blades is currently a thing.

You're absolutely right.

Even now, amidst the war, here in Ukraine, it's still possible to buy blades manufactured by PPI. They are clearly produced before February 2022 and are sitting in warehouses. For example, 200 (!) Gillette Minora blades (I've never used them myself), clearly originally intended for the Eastern market (judging by the Arabic script), can still be purchased for less than $9...
Screenshot_20240214-000948.pngScreenshot_20240214-001008.png

Last edited:
My question (a better question in my opinion) would be if they continue to produce Gillette blades under the same consistent quality standards.
What they call their blades or what they stamp on the tucks is less relevant to me.
Before this move I considered all PPI blades of great value. For me they all performed consistently well. I don't remember ever getting a dud or a bad shave. They were reliable blades for sure.
I have seen a review on the astra sp comparing Russian v India on YouTube and the guy said he can’t tell a difference. But all of that is 100 percent subjective

I have seen a review on the astra sp comparing Russian v India on YouTube and the guy said he can’t tell a difference. But all of that is 100 percent subjective
Care to read here?

Top Bottom