What's new

Fun blade battle

Fellow B&B’ers, please see photo below.

I’d love your opinions, thoughts, suggestions. These are the blades I’ve selected from my stash that I’ll use over the next few months. I’ve already tried some of these, but I’ll be paying more attention this time. 😁

Top Row: Gillettes going head to head. I recall the Nacet was superb, GSB old faithful, but what really interests me is the Platinum.

Second Row: New Vietnam Dorcos. Looking to try one of the red and white box ones, too. Exciting possibilities with the Wizamets and Bic.

Third Row: Battle of the Lords. Never tried the Shark Plats. I recall the other Sharks being just OK. Looking forward to Asco and Big Ben. Clifton? Never heard of em until now. Silver Stars are already a love and 100 of them are on the way.

Fourth Row: Astras going head to head. I don’t remember anything particular about these. I think the Wilkies are the German ones. Two Personnas here also, “made in Israel” printed on the red box.

Fifth Row: Rapiras head to head. I’ve heard good things about the Ladas.

Bottom Row: Two Super Maxes. I remember the Rockwell being ever so middle-of-the-road—- I’m full to the brim with these.

So there you have it. It’ll be an interesting few months.

A fun, maybe silly thread, this. At any rate, it’s an excuse to post blade pics. 😏

Attachments

• IMG_0632.jpeg
    IMG_0632.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 66
I’d love your opinions, thoughts, suggestions. These are the blades I’ve selected from my stash that I’ll use over the next few months. I’ve already tried some of these, but I’ll be paying more attention this time. 😁

This is fun. So I would sort out the matchups this way. Come up with a quality you want to determine a best-in-class winner on like sharpness, long-lasting, etc. Then get member help to pick a pool of 4-5 contenders. Then test!

So the Sharpness round would be between the Nacet, Permasharp, 7 o'clock Sharp Edge, BIC Chrome Platinum, and Israeli Red Personna. You get the idea.

Just my opinion. However you wind up doing it, I'll be reading with interest.

Clipboard Mar 11, 2024 at 10.00 AM.jpeg

This is my planned blade a week from the start of 2024 onwards.. this is up to September and is almost guaranteed to changed within the next few weeks.

I place the blade wrappers into a bowl for the winners and the losers go into the trash.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Do you know if the Astra are made in Russia or India?

Do you know if the Astra are made in Russia or India?
Was made in Russia. New stock is from India. Feedback on which is "better" old vs. new has been all over the place as usual, though most people say the new Indian Astras are still perfectly fine to use.

Mr. Boring here. I just put an order in for a pile of Feather blades. Their reputation for sharpness scared me off for years, before it hit me that razor blades are supposed to be sharp.

This is an interesting thread though. I also find BIC blades and some others work for me. I still have some blades left from a sample pack I bought a couple of years ago. It will be interesting to watch and see how things unfold for you.

Top Bottom