What's new

Picked up some Perma-Sharps from Amazon

I really enjoy the Perma-Sharps - could easily be my first buy of a 100 😅
Sharp and smooth - works really well for me in my Mühle R89.
First?!!!

Get a rope.

die homer simpson GIF

I ordered last week ; also got the half blades.

Spoke w CS....they said: don't worry we will send you your order......

Yesterday.....I AGAIN got half blades.....

Both times I have been told by CS : just dispose of the wrong item......; and then minutes later I get an email: return to UPS, packed or you will be charged....

I am not sure if they have the wrong code in their stock, or most probably they have pot/crack heads working in the distribution centers......we have to mega here......

Here's a PSA announcement regarding B & B's Great Blade Exchange:

If anyone has blades they no longer want, please consider shipping 2 - 5 tucks or packages of 100's to the Great Blade Exchange. Send me a PM asking how to donate to the GBE & I'll send you my mailing information. If you want to send more than 2 - 5 tucks, those donations will also be accepted & appreciated.
We rely on the kindness of members to keep the GBE stocked & current with new in-the-market blades.
During our PM conversation I'll let you know if any brands in the GBE have sufficient inventory where additional donations of that brand of blade are not currently needed.
Thank you!!!!

We will now return to your regularly scheduled program.

I recently took advantage of the great price of Perma-Sharp DE blades on Amazon. Same thing happened to me as happened to @spacemonkey42 I got the half DE blades. Replaced the order and will see what I get this next time. Only pain is yes they have to be returned via UPS.

I originally tried them a couple years ago and wasn't impressed. Tried them again through a sample pack and now I compare them to my Nacets. Guess our tastes do change.

I'd consider the Perma-Sharp Supers to be more similar to Nacets than Astra SPs.

Just ordered another 100 at the $8.10 price; I couldn't resist. I hope these are not the half blades, the Amazon listing is for the DE blades.
When I glanced at Amazon, the full blades seemed to be $12 or so. The cheaper ones looked like half blades. But I may be wrong. I ordered 30 to try them.

Well, the 30-blade sample pack of PermasharpS is here. Will see how they compare to my favorites. My top go-to blades are Astra SP (sharp, cheap, smooth, very predictable performance, useful in any razor) and Feather (extremely sharp, not cheap, smooth, very predictable performance, great in mild to medium aggression razors, require concentration in aggressive razors).

If Permasharp is in between, it may be “the” one blade. Will see…

Continuing from this thread here since it's specifically about Perma-Sharp

My 2nd order from Amazon to get the 100 pack DE blades was successful. It's clear there were some incorrect stickers on the SE packs identifying them as 100 DE's, possibly applied at the Amazon warehouses...? Anyway, my order from 3rd party seller SafetyRazorPlace was fine and I got the packs of 100. Until they figure this out, I'd definitely not order from the other sellers listed in this thread.

My 2nd order from Amazon to get the 100 pack DE blades was successful. It's clear there were some incorrect stickers on the SE packs identifying them as 100 DE's, possibly applied at the Amazon warehouses...? Anyway, my order from 3rd party seller SafetyRazorPlace was fine and I got the packs of 100. Until they figure this out, I'd definitely not order from the other sellers listed in this thread.

Good to hear you got the correct ones. I got stuck with 200 single blades my first order. Waiting to find out today if my second order will be correct.

That seller now lists them at $16 per 100… that’s double the price of Astra SP.

PermaSharp blades are one of my favorites. I bought 100 for $12.00 at Razor Emporium. Best price I have found, better than even Amazon. Of course, there is the issue of shipping if you don't buy the minimum amount for free shipping. I always seem to hit that number, even if that wasn't my initial intent.

Top Bottom