What's new

Slant Razor...Wow!

Tried my new RazoRock German 37 Slant Razor with a UFO handle for the first time today. Used a Perma-Sharp blade. Wow. I could have stopped at WTG + XTG and had the best shave of my young career, but it was going so well that I did an ATG pass and ended up with a BBS shave everywhere on my face.

This is remarkable for me, since my problem area has always been my neck. I would either end up with lots of stubble on my neck, or suffer irritation from trying to get it off. Some kind soul on this site recommended a slant razor for sensitive necks, so I decided to try it and I must echo that recommendation. Thank you!

Tried my new RazoRock German 37 Slant Razor with a UFO handle for the first time today. Used a Perma-Sharp blade. Wow. I could have stopped at WTG + XTG and had the best shave of my young career, but it was going so well that I did an ATG pass and ended up with a BBS shave everywhere on my face.

This is remarkable for me, since my problem area has always been my neck. I would either end up with lots of stubble on my neck, or suffer irritation from trying to get it off. Some kind soul on this site recommended a slant razor for sensitive necks, so I decided to try it and I must echo that recommendation. Thank you!
Happy that worked out for you - lots of knowledge on this site. It's saved my poor tail many a time.

I have a Parker Semi-Slant that is very mild and a REX Konsul Adjustable slant. Alas, I've switched almost exclusively to SE razors. Razorock makes great affordable razors. I have a Hawk V3A and it's just a machine at removing stubble.

Happy shaves !!

Slant razors do indeed tend to be an excellent combination of easy comfort and efficiency. Glad you found a razor that hits the spot for you.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Hello @Barley, you might curse me soon, but if you like the Merkur inspired Razorock slant, the Wunderbar and their Superslants are their very own brainchild and love project of Razorock and I am dead serious: They are even better.

The Wunderbar will cause no irritation, it will just amputate a limb if it cuts. <- exaggeration of course, but this is how it feels. You barely feel it, unless you cut yourself.

The Superslant is their follow-up design and shaves a bit differently, but it is available in various gap and aggression levels, from L1 to L3 with + and ++ and OC or SB, quite a lot of plates...

I might now have planted a bug in your mind, but recently I was forced to name my favorite razor, I of course picked two, and one of them was the Superslant L3++ OC.

Hello @Barley, you might curse me soon, but if you like the Merkur inspired Razorock slant, the Wunderbar and their Superslants are their very own brainchild and love project of Razorock and I am dead serious: They are even better.

The Wunderbar will cause no irritation, it will just amputate a limb if it cuts. <- exaggeration of course, but this is how it feels. You barely feel it, unless you cut yourself.

The Superslant is their follow-up design and shaves a bit differently, but it is available in various gap and aggression levels, from L1 to L3 with + and ++ and OC or SB, quite a lot of plates...

I might now have planted a bug in your mind, but recently I was forced to name my favorite razor, I of course picked two, and one of them was the Superslant L3++ OC.
No curses forthcoming :). Thank you for the information! As you probably figured out, I went with the least costly option to try it out. I'm sure there will come a time when I'll want to further optimize my experience and outcomes.

Top Bottom