What's new

Picked up some Perma-Sharps from Amazon

I am almost done with my Feathers and decided to try something different. I see a lot of people use the Perma-Sharp and some even said they are similarly sharp with longer lifespan.

This is my 4th razor brand. I have used Personna Apache and Shark Super Chrome. Both served me well on my old razor and new one, but don't notice much difference. I remember the Apache being sharper than the Shark.

Looking forward to the Perma-Sharp.

Oh, I should count mine. Looked like I got the full delivery.

I got the wrong blades, the 1/2 DE blades like this:

proxy.php

At the current prices on Amazon, I'm not sure you can do better.... I don't know enough about DE blades to know, but I do know, I've been using Perma-Sharps for a few months now.... and loving them.
LOL, B&B members must have bought out all the cheap stock. It's up to $12.46 right now for a 100 pack. Still a bargain honestly at that price. The prices on AMZ on Russian Gillette Platinums has jumped as has Nacets. Silver Blues still holding steady at $15 per 100.

Last edited:
I used the Perma-Sharp today. Not what I expected. I don't want to jump the gun though because I am wondering if performance was connected to lather.

The first pass wasn't great. I had a 3-day growth, but it didn't cut as cleanly as I thought it would with my R41. There was some tugging, but nothing extreme. I am not sure if this is blade related or lather related.

I face lathered and might not have added enough water. It was still a decent lather and I still added water a few times, but it still wasn't as slick as prior times. I don't want to wrongly accuse the blade of poor performance so I am going to give it another shot with a more moist lather.

2nd pass was solid. Lather was more slick from the left over face rinse water. Blade performed really well.

Did a half pass ATG and again, really pleasant experience due to the extra moisture on the face.

I agree the blade isn't as sharp as the Feather. It is incredibly more forgiving than a Feather as well, which is nice. I am excited to give it another try with a better lather, I have a feeling I won't be disappointed even with the 2nd use blade.

I'll keep you posted.

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
I used the Perma-Sharp today. Not what I expected. I don't want to jump the gun though because I am wondering if performance was connected to lather.

The first pass wasn't great. I had a 3-day growth, but it didn't cut as cleanly as I thought it would with my R41. There was some tugging, but nothing extreme. I am not sure if this is blade related or lather related.

I face lathered and might not have added enough water. It was still a decent lather and I still added water a few times, but it still wasn't as slick as prior times. I don't want to wrongly accuse the blade of poor performance so I am going to give it another shot with a more moist lather.

2nd pass was solid. Lather was more slick from the left over face rinse water. Blade performed really well.

Did a half pass ATG and again, really pleasant experience due to the extra moisture on the face.

I agree the blade isn't as sharp as the Feather. It is incredibly more forgiving than a Feather as well, which is nice. I am excited to give it another try with a better lather, I have a feeling I won't be disappointed even with the 2nd use blade.

I'll keep you posted.
Seems like your first shave with the Permasharps wasn't to bad. Hopefully your next few shaves go better.

Top Bottom