What's new

Paradigm DB Titanium

This email landed in my mailbox today. He said some were being scraped by mail chimp so I’ll post it here for those of us who bought it.

Hello everyone. Thank you so much for your purchase and for being patient with the initial launch. Machining and finishing razors can be like contracting for a renovation on a home: always a little more expensive, time consuming, and complicated than anticipated, but well worth it in the end. Quality is paramount here; these are expensive razors, and I’m being as particular as possible.

Jake shipped the remaining batch this past Friday, and they arrived yesterday evening. I have inspected them, and they are being sent off for finishing. I’m working with the finisher on getting things just right. I expect more samples this week and, with any luck, they will be right where they need to be for this razor.

Unfortunately, I can’t polish and ship in batches as hoped. The major expense in finishing is in the setup and tear down. Doing batches would double the price. So, the razors will be done all at one time. I hope to have them returned to me by the end of the week of March 11th. This is an estimate, but a realistic one.

Finally, they need to be inspected, packed, and shipped. I promise to move as diligently as possible, but that will take a bit of time as well.

I want to thank you again for making what promises to be the most successful product launch in the history of Paradigm Razors.

Yours sincerely,

Andy Andersen

IMG_4840.jpeg

Not the greatest pic in terms of lighting, framing and resolution, but the razor
looks very good.

There are hundreds of DB reviews already out, so there is already a high degree
of familiarity with the design and how it shaves. All that needs to be established
is whether the Ti magic is present...because that almost always lifts a razor's
performance in terms of comfort and face feel. And at that intro price, everyone
who purchased got a banger of a deal.

Gentleman - from Andy the final polish has passed the test! Please look at the bottom of the base plate, challenge overcome with a beautiful polish!

View attachment 1809010
That is awesome. Now I’m gonna write him back and tell him that I made a mistake when I placed an order initially at mental place in order for two. :) - just kidding but this looks fantastic !!

any word when it might be shipping?

By the way, how are you getting all these updates? I checked my mail, but I don’t see any updates in the mail.

I know Andy. We speak often, friends help friends.

My guess they will start shipping in 3-4 weeks. Boxes are ordered, razors should arrive to Andy Friday. Still, it’s a lot more razors than people would think and it’s just him doing it all.

Be patient - it’s worth it.

Mike

IMG_4955.jpeg

Today was my final shave with the Ti Dback prototype.

I want to say one thing about polish, it looks good the way it is. I am excited to see the final product but this one, the way it is today, would have passed the polishing test. Most importantly, it’s bright, uniform and held the tolerances. Anyone who has had a hand polished razor knows the challenge with did it change the shave? This does not, it is the same shave as the as machined and the satin prototype.

Now to the shave…

I let 2.5 days of growth build up (for me that is a lot).

I performed a 2.5 pass shave WTG, ATG, then my neck can sometimes handle a 3rd pass from ears to Adam’s apple.

The results were smooth and efficient, absolutely nothing left on my face or neck. I did not want to compare it to other razors this time, but it’s one of the most enjoyable shaves I’ve had in a while. The feel of Ti changes the Dback, more than I expected. Occasionally with the SS I could feel like I over-shaved. None of that here, I feel BBS but not irritated.

Also, I recently had neck surgery. Shaving around the raised scar has been difficult. Today, I went over it with a very light touch. No weepers, which I have not been able to do. The weight and balance really make the razor stand out and maneuverable.

I will report back in 12 and 24 hours how long this BBS lasts but I’m anticipating a solid 10-12 hours of BBS and similar DFS.

Only weeks away now from razors starting to ship!

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
View attachment 1812131

I want to say one thing about polish, it looks good the way it is. I am excited to see the final product but this one, the way it is today, would have passed the polishing test. Most importantly, it’s bright, uniform and held the tolerances. Anyone who has had a hand polished razor knows the challenge with did it change the shave? This does not, it is the same shave as the as machined and the satin prototype.

Now to the shave…

I performed a 2.5 pass shave WTG, ATG, then my neck can sometimes handle a 3rd pass from ears to Adam’s apple.

The results were smooth and efficient, absolutely nothing left on my face or neck. I did not want to compare it to other razors this time, but it’s one of the most enjoyable shaves I’ve had in a while. The feel of Ti changes the Dback, more than I expected. Occasionally with the SS I could feel like I over-shaved. None of that here, I feel BBS but not irritated.

Also, I recently had neck surgery. Shaving around the raised scar has been difficult. Today, I went over it with a very light touch. No weepers, which I have not been able to do. The weight and balance really make the razor stand out and maneuverable.

I will report back in 12 and 24 hours how long this BBS lasts but I’m anticipating a solid 10-12 hours of BBS and similar DFS.

Quality gear and shave report, Mike! I think many of us are eagerly anticipating shipping notices.
1710418440822.gif

View attachment 1812131

Now to the shave…

You n e e d to stop posting these....now I can hardly wait !!!!...how would you compare this to Rochel / wolfman / Athena?

You n e e d to stop posting these....now I can hardly wait !!!!...how would you compare this to Rochel / wolfman / Athena?

I am only giving my opinion, don’t take it as 100% accurate.

From my post: The results were smooth and efficient, absolutely nothing left on my face or neck. I did not want to compare it to other razors this time.

In several weeks you can try it, I think it’s a very efficient but mild shaver. The RS10 is closer than any of the razors you mentioned to me, but it’s subjective.

Top Bottom