What's new

Rex Sentry slant can now be pre-ordered!

For anyone interested, the Sentry slant can now be pre-ordered.
And for those that don't know, it's essentially the Konsul in slant format:

I think you mean it's essentially the Konsul in a 3-piece non-adjustable format. ;)

I might like this razor but I'm not liking the price....

I think you mean it's essentially the Konsul in a 3-piece non-adjustable format. ;)

I might like this razor but I'm not liking the price....
Yeah that! I should've been more specific. And I agree with the price thing. They should've priced it like the Envoy. I really like my Envoy so I will eventually buy the Sentry but will hold off until another vendor has them (like Pasteur ). And then jump on it with a coupon!

Looks nice but again anything Rex is usually $$$$$.
But you do have a choice of 17 different finishes done by Matt after his daily golf game.
Me, if a few $ fell from the sky..
I would go for a customize sentry Matt creation with a diamond and ruby embedded knurled handle with the head being 1/3 rhodium, 1/3 iridium and 1/3 ruthenium.
Be a looker!

Plus my wife could wear it as a necklace ( no blade in it of course) for those post shave night outs...

Cheers,
BFX

That was funny!🤣
In his defense, the Rex stuff is pretty nice. I love my Envoy and dare say that from the dozens of razors I've tried and owned, it's probably my favorite SB DE. And I bought it from Pasteur with a coupon where I ended up paying like $127 which isn't that bad. And the fit and finish is excellent!
And as I said before, I'll get the Sentry but whenever Pasteur carries it and offers a coupon.

FYI, the aggressiveness/feel of the Sentry is consistent with setting 4 on the Konsul per Matt.

Also, Razor Emporium will kick off their biggest sale of the year on Wednesday, November 22nd and it will last through Nov. 27th. It will be store wide but will understandably exclude the Sentry.

I may snag a Konsul if the discount is large enough!

Source: Matt had a live this morning on YT.

Is it just being released now? 🤔 I actually thought it was out already. I'd saw it listed and available on a UK store a few weeks ago.. they had some in stock as I was actually debating buying one and had it in my basket.

I just checked again and it now says out of stock.. Maybe they sold or maybe the store got some in advance and they listed them accidentally or something then found out and pulled the listing again

I ended up holding off on buying one anyways. I was wondering is it worth it. I like the Rex razors. I'm a big fan of my Ambassador. I like their design and their sturdy construction.

The Sentry looks nice and it'd be good to have a nice slant in stainless but I wonder would it shave be any better than something like a Razorock German which I already have and like and it comes in at less than £25. The Sentry on the other hand is around £165 here.

I got one in but has poor machining and needs to go back. You can see the double line on the handle, goes about 180 degrees around the handle. Shaves OK but the RazoRock SuperSlant is far superior. The edges under the base plate were so sharp they cut my finger and thumb when tightening down. Took a smoothing stone to them. Poor QC.
Sentry Close.png

Top Bottom