What's new

What are some high end/premium slants?

I think if I didn’t have a Wunderbar already, I would probably go down the Superslant rabbit hole of multiple head options. But for the money, still hard to beat that iKon B1.

I think if I didn’t have a Wunderbar already, I would probably go down the Superslant rabbit hole of multiple head options. But for the money, still hard to beat that iKon B1.
Yup. Sad Ikon developed the reputation it did. It had a winner with the B1 slant. Once you found the right blade and how to align it parallel to the cap it was amazing.

Yes, the handles are the same quality for the Wunderbar & G37. The HD handle gives off that classic Merkur look for the G37, but I really like the barberpole for the Wunderbar. Yes, the price diff is in the head (Stainless steel vs zinc alloy). You can also go with the iKon B1 slant for $65 at Maggard (Pictured with the bulldog handle). To me it’s just about identical to the Wunderbar, but DLC coated stainless steel. The Super Knurl is a nice handle if you like longer handles, (90mm). RR also has a nice razor stand.
View attachment 1770915
View attachment 1770916

Thanks so much for this information. This basically answered all my queries. 😊

I have the G37 with the HD and yes, like you say it does have the classic Merkur look. I too like the look of the Barber Pole best by far.. however if I want to buy the Wunderbar I cannot choose it with the Barber Pole (at least not in the Wunderbar listing). But you can just buy the Wunderbar head and buy the Barber Pole separately, of course.

I was going to do that but I was thinking.. "maybe the handles that come on the Wunderbar are of higher standard.. or finished better or something.. so maybe I'd be best getting one of the listed ones" But now I know they aren't thanks to your post, well I guess it does not matter which handle I choose.

So as the handles retail at around $15 and as the Wunderbar retails at $140 it's essentially $125 for the Wunderbar head. Maybe it's just me but it seems like a considerable amount for the head.. even if it is SS. Not by any means ridiculous but I'd guess on the mid-high end for an SS head.. especially for Razorock as their products are typically very reasonably priced in comparison to competitors.

I'd have just thought with the Wunderbar being of higher price and quality than the more affordable Razorock like the G37 or the SLOC or Old Type or whatever, that they may have given the Wunderbar somewhat of a slightly more special handle.

It's just that when you pay $140 or whatevr it is you're getting the same handle you get the $20 razor. Not that there's anything wrong with it.. I love the Razorock handles and they're great quality and great price for what they are. I just mean with the Wunderbar being a bit more it'd be nice to have some exclusiveness to the product overall.. as it kind of feels like just buying a head. 🤔

I think what I'm trying to say is, I'd probably have rather paid $200+ for the Wunderbar if they gave it it's own exclusive, fancy handle rather than pay $140 for it with the same handle that comes on their lower priced razors. But that's just me! 😁

But all this aside it looks really lovely combined with the Barber Pole handle like in your picture! Very nice indeed!

I had seen the Ikon also.. I'd noticed it on Maggards a number of times. I don't know much about Ikon. I see another post mentioning their reputation. 🤔

Thanks again for all your help! Much appreciated! 😊

The superslant head is quite expensive compared to razorocks other heads.. The superslant head is essential a twisted BBS head. I'd imagine the cost to manufactor a 316 stainless steel head with the absolute tightest tolerances has to be much higher than their other razors. The blades crunch into place in the superslant.. Quite unlike any other razor I own.. I have the L3 and it's a beast IMO.. One of the most aggressive razors I have used thus far..

Last edited:
I had seen the Ikon also.. I'd noticed it on Maggards a number of times. I don't know much about Ikon. I see another post mentioning their reputation. 🤔

Thanks again for all your help! Much appreciated! 😊
Ikons reputation was more bad business practices and poor image management.

the B1 slant is a great razor. Only drawback is the finicky blade aligning (have to push the blade while tightening so it’s parallel to the top cap).

I also think They’re probably closing shop for good. What they have and what they’re selling is probably all that is left.

Top Bottom