What's new

OK Here we Go...The NHL's 1st-round playoff matchups for the 2011 Stanley Cup!!!

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
So Illinois borders Canada now? :tongue_sm

Besides the Hawks need to win game seven first, which I can't believe I'm saying this, but I hope they do, albeit for selfish reasons. I'd much rather have the Wings face the Predators over the Sharks.

Depending on how you navigate the lakes.:w00t:

I'd rather the Wings face the Blackhawks, honestly. Even closer than Nashville, plus they've already gone 7 games with only a couple of days in between. Then Nashville and San Jose would have to fly two timezones for two or three trips.

Can't happen though. Both San Jose and Vancouver would have had to have lost for us to face Chicago, and well wouldn't you know it but San Jose didn't blow its playoff hopes in the first round. So at this point our only choice is Nashville or San Jose.

So my hope for a Wings/'Hawks series has, in fact, not happened :lol: I don't like the matchup with the Sharks, but I hope we can get revenge for last year.

Anyone else watching the game 7s tonight? I'm streaming both of them on a dual-monitor and am officially in hockey overload.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Can't get both games here, for some reason Versus is carrying Habs & Bruins (unlike the TV guide said), same as CBC, and that's all the choices :(. I'd rather watch original six if a choice, maybe they'll cut to Pittstown once the other is over?

UGH, overtime again? :001_huh:

I'm going to bed.

I'm too tired to watch some lousy game 7 Bruins/Habs score-first-or-go-home BS. Boooring. :bored:

Why can't hockey be fun and exciting like a nice NBA game?

garyg

Yah, NHL is terrible stuff, all the timeouts, fouls, commercials. I miss the NBA too .. but I'll stay up to see what happens in Beantown ..

garyg

I take but modest pleasure in watching those Squeelers on Skates lose to Stevie Y's team. In the East, I'm now a Tampa fan!

garyg

That is my new name for the Pens, thanks.

No problem, I grew up on the North Coast, my first NFL game featured Jim Brown & Y.A Tittle .. so I also got hockey by remote, or the old Clevetown Barons at Cleveland Arena

A Wings-Lightning Stanley Cup would be great

Last edited:

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Man, Karma must have been asleep yesterday. Chara-Pacioretty, the Ferrence-finger (with an excuse right up there with "fuddle-duddle"), et al., and the Bruins still win. THREE games lost in OT ... aigh that was close.

And PK's game-tying goal late in the third yesterday was about as exciting as they come!

Now no more waiting to see which of the free agents Gauthier can sign for next year. I see that "habs001" has just listed a slightly used "Pouliot" nametag on eBay ...

Try to be patient and let the flow of the game come to you. You don't always have to see the puck to see the game. The puck is small, black, obscured by the boards, moves very fast, and blends in with black skates, black sticks, etc.

Once you're used to it, watching a game on TV is great.

Once you are used to watching hockey on TV, you don't really need to see the puck at all. By watching the players you can pretty much tell where the puck is anyhow.

It was a classic Habs/Bs series. A little ugly, a lot of nail biting, some stellar netminding. I'm definitely glad the Bs won, but it was a terrific series regardless of outcome.

Top Bottom