What's new

OK Here we Go...The NHL's 1st-round playoff matchups for the 2011 Stanley Cup!!!

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Some great hockey for sure. Wonder how many OT's so far, a couple Game 7's coming right up as well. Hopefully Monday's games will send them on to game 7 as well. The only bad thing is that the first round has to end by Wednesday.

I am ecstatic right now. I know it's only the first round, but I know this Hawks team can't repeat. All I really wanted was to see Vancouver get knocked out again. I can't believe that after Vancouver being up 3-0 in the series, Chicago has forced a game seven. I highly suspect that Luongo is going to have to start game seven and all the pressure in the world is on him and his teammates. Man, I hope they cave in.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I've a different perspective .. when Da Hawks send Vancouver out, the Wings get to play in the same time zone, or just one away. I can sit` in games in both of these great old rusty Great Lakes towns. And I have friends & a residence in both, so go Hawks :thumbup:

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Tuesday ... all of Canada's remaining playoff hopes can be dashed ... :bored:

Nice to see Joe Thornton come through in a meaningful way for SJ. Sharks have a lot of goaltending issues.

I certainly wouldn't have predicted the VAN-CHI series going to 7...especially after the first 3 games.

This is so much better than a soccer thread.

I read earlier today that it was just due to cramping. Must off been one heck of a cramp.

I don't know if you have ever gotten any cramps before, but the ones that happen to larger muscles are excruciatingly painful. I've gotten cramps in my calves and they hurt big time. Nothing, though, compares to getting a cramp in your hamstring. It will immobilize you completely and it is more difficult to unlock than a calf.

For those who have never gotten cramps in these locations, consider yourselves lucky. These cramps tend to be so bad that they leave you sore. A calf cramp might leave you sore for a couple of days, but a hamstring cramp will leave you sore for a minimum of 3-5 days. I know this from experience, unfortunately.

I don't know anything about hockey. I can name two players - Alex Ovechkin and Sidney Crosby.

Washington, D.C. hasn't had a winning sports team in over 15 years... Aside from the Capitals.

Looks like I'll have to start watching.

I don't know anything about hockey. I can name two players - Alex Ovechkin and Sidney Crosby.

Washington, D.C. hasn't had a winning sports team in over 15 years... Aside from the Capitals.

Looks like I'll have to start watching.

One of hockey's big downfalls in terms of it being more popular is that the fan has to work at watching it on TV. It can be frustrating for someone who's not used to watching TV hockey.

Try to be patient and let the flow of the game come to you. You don't always have to see the puck to see the game. The puck is small, black, obscured by the boards, moves very fast, and blends in with black skates, black sticks, etc.

Once you're used to it, watching a game on TV is great.

I hope you enjoy it. The Caps are an exciting team to watch.

Or Buffalo.

True. See Ian you have two backup options! :lol::lol::lol:

I don't know if you have ever gotten any cramps before, but the ones that happen to larger muscles are excruciatingly painful. I've gotten cramps in my calves and they hurt big time. Nothing, though, compares to getting a cramp in your hamstring. It will immobilize you completely and it is more difficult to unlock than a calf.

For those who have never gotten cramps in these locations, consider yourselves lucky. These cramps tend to be so bad that they leave you sore. A calf cramp might leave you sore for a couple of days, but a hamstring cramp will leave you sore for a minimum of 3-5 days. I know this from experience, unfortunately.

Sorry, didn't mean to offend.

Well Ian if the Hawks can come back......only down one after one, I am not worried yet......Chicago is close to Canada.

So Illinois borders Canada now? :tongue_sm

Besides the Hawks need to win game seven first, which I can't believe I'm saying this, but I hope they do, albeit for selfish reasons. I'd much rather have the Wings face the Predators over the Sharks.

I'd rather the Wings face the Blackhawks, honestly. Even closer than Nashville, plus they've already gone 7 games with only a couple of days in between. Then Nashville and San Jose would have to fly two timezones for two or three trips.

Top Bottom