What's new

OK, here we Go: The 2015 Stanley Cup Finals (Yeah Baby)

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Wow...what a 'nail biter'...never thought the NY Power Rangers would lose against the Lightning Bolts!
proxy.php

As a goalie myself (OK...OK...elder goalie I'll admit), I have to rate both Benjamin ('Big Ben'), Bishop's & Corey ('The Crow'), Crawford's play as nothing less than 'spectacular between the pipes'! :thumbsup:

proxy.php
"To Guard and Protect (my goal is to deny yours),…for only God saves more than Goaltenders". CBJ

Did you ever see such strong performances from both teams?
proxy.php

I know this is going to be a tough final for both teams (filled with 'acrobatic monster' saves, big hits, finesse and 'must-see-again' goals), and both teams have 'tons' of skill and depth on the bench.

However, I'll bet they'll won't be a 'clean sweep'
proxy.php
by the
proxy.php
, so I'll go with my 'gut-feeling' and take the

$Black Hawks.pngfor the Cup in six (6) games.

Read More:
http://www.nhl.com/ice/stanleycup.htm

attachment.php

proxy.php
“Hockey...The Coolest Game on Earth (Because It’s the Cup)”!! NHL Official Slogan

Last edited:
The pace of these playoff games is phenomenal. I'm going to go with Chicago as coming out on top, mainly because I have a soft spot for the Original Six teams and I grew up visiting Joel Quenneville when he was home for the summer. He grew up on my street and would stay with his parents during the off season during his playing days. He was always patient and courteous to us kids.

Aside from that, Tampa is strong and relentless. They are a very tough team to play against. And I agree about the goaltending. It's been freakishly good. Like go join the circus as a living oddity good.

The pace of these playoff games is phenomenal. I'm going to go with Chicago as coming out on top, mainly because I have a soft spot for the Original Six teams and I grew up visiting Joel Quenneville when he was home for the summer. He grew up on my street and would stay with his parents during the off season during his playing days. He was always patient and courteous to us kids.

Aside from that, Tampa is strong and relentless. They are a very tough team to play against. And I agree about the goaltending. It's been freakishly good. Like go join the circus as a living oddity good.

I been in Chicago last few days on business. ..so let's go Chicago :thumbup:

Bolts need to strike the Hawks early and often to have a chance. Chicago is coming off a physically gruelling series against the Ducks, particularly for their defence corps. Tampa needs to be up 2-0 in games before this gets back to Chicago to have a sniff at the Cup. If the Blackhawks manage a split in Tampa, they will win it, as the longer they have an advantage in the Home Ice column, the better Coach Q will be able to shelter and help his "D" recover. I hope he leaves Toews and Kane together, rather than split them again, because those two are DYNAMITE.

Summation: Hawks in five, provided Kane and Toews stay together. If it goes seven games then all bets are off.

After Tampa Bay knocked off the Rangers, I have to pull for them--for some reason I fell better if the team that beat my team wins it all. That being said, I'll be sad when the next round is over. It's nice to just grab for the Veg without wondering if I should use a different after shave that morning.

Going with Tampa Bay. They have a "team of destiny" vibe.

Should be a phenomenal series. Playoff hockey is the best!

The playoff have been fantastic. I never thought TB would pull it off but they showed their stuff. No prediction from me, however. Just going to enjoy the matchup.

I also agree with the Hawks in 6. If Anaheim couldn't pound the Hawks D into submission, Tampa Bay won't. The top 4 might be dead after this series, but they'll have all summer to recover with the Cup!

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I'm mostly just hoping for Tampa Bay, so I can say "well, at least the Habs only lost to the eventual Cup winner".

After Tampa Bay knocked off the Rangers, I have to pull for them--for some reason I fell better if the team that beat my team wins it all. That being said, I'll be sad when the next round is over. It's nice to just grab for the Veg without wondering if I should use a different after shave that morning.
I disagree, Red Wings fan here and even though I despise Chicago I would rather they win than Tampa Bay.

Bolts need to strike the Hawks early and often to have a chance. Chicago is coming off a physically gruelling series against the Ducks, particularly for their defence corps. Tampa needs to be up 2-0 in games before this gets back to Chicago to have a sniff at the Cup. If the Blackhawks manage a split in Tampa, they will win it, as the longer they have an advantage in the Home Ice column, the better Coach Q will be able to shelter and help his "D" recover. I hope he leaves Toews and Kane together, rather than split them again, because those two are DYNAMITE.

Summation: Hawks in five, provided Kane and Toews stay together. If it goes seven games then all bets are off.

Oh well . . . they had the bolded part right.

As a Bruins fan I shall choose to abstain from this conversation. At least until the playoffs are over.

For Bruins fans, our season pretty much ended in November. I have no dogs in this race, I don't have a hate on for either TB or Chicago. TB's Ryan Callahan was captain of my junior team, so, go Capt. Cally. Seeing the Blackhawks score two quick ones at the end of Game One, for us Bruins fans looked vaguely familiar, though.

Top Bottom