What's new

OK Here we Go...The NHL's 1st-round playoff matchups for the 2011 Stanley Cup!!!

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Enclosed below is the NHL's 1st-round playoff matchups for the 2011 Stanley Cup...("The Coolest Game on Earth).
proxy.php

http://espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs/matchups

It may be a little too early to tell (and I'm not getting out my crystal ball
proxy.php
just yet), but being from East Lansing, MI....I should be rooting
proxy.php
for the Red Wings, but I also like the Caps too (you kind of gotta support the team that's nearest to your city/location), :lol1:

proxy.php

"Rock the Red" :thumbup:

Christopher
proxy.php

PS The Goalie Motto: "Only God Saves more than Goaltenders".

Last edited:
My Blackhawks barely got in. Hopefully they can string at least one good series together. Here's a pic of me with Lord Stanley's Cup.

Though I don't think the Blackhawks deserve to be in the playoffs with the way they have played this season, I will be rooting for them. Vancouver has got to be dreading this match-up. The psychological factor cannot be understated. Chicago knows how to get inside Luongo's head and once that happens, Vancouver is in deep trouble.

Let's go Red Wings!

I have no confidence that they'll win a single series, but at least they made it to the playoffs with all the injuries.

Though I don't think the Blackhawks deserve to be in the playoffs with the way they have played this season, I will be rooting for them. Vancouver has got to be dreading this match-up. The psychological factor cannot be understated. Chicago knows how to get inside Luongo's head and once that happens, Vancouver is in deep trouble.

Corey Crawford should have a holiday in his name. If he pulls an Antti Niemi in this year's playoffs and Hossa keeps looking like the Hossa of five years ago...well, you never know what could happen.

I'm still calling Vancouver in 6, though. They have too much talent in too many places.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member

Considering what they lost and still finishing with almost 100 points is not a bad season. The West was just brutally tough this year. I almost had a heart attack last night watching the Stars, Wild game. I did not think that was going to happen

Corey Crawford should have a holiday in his name. If he pulls an Antti Niemi in this year's playoffs and Hossa keeps looking like the Hossa of five years ago...well, you never know what could happen.

I'm still calling Vancouver in 6, though. They have too much talent in too many places.

I got my fingers crossed. Even though Sharp is not 100% I still think just having him playing is a huge morale boost to the whole team.

Crawford has been impressive, I think he is the real deal!!:thumbup::thumbup:

Umm go Canucks. Go Habs. ewww I feel dirty just typing that. Of course typing fore!!!!! just doesn't have the same meaning.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Blackhawks ... Vancouver has got to be dreading this match-up. The psychological factor cannot be understated.
"Chicago again???" :tongue_sm

Part of me says yes, it's a killer for Vancouver, but part of me says "The Big Bad Buff" is gone from Bobby Loo's crease, and that ain't the only bit of cap-space-dismantling that went on with the Champs, and the Nuckers want some revenge for the last two (two!) playoffs really badly, so ... third time's the charm.
Habs and Bs in the first round. It never gets old.

Never.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o5YkiRuTC4[/YOUTUBE]

Price is gonna need an unbelievable run.

Wings should handle Phx. After that ... Let's hope everyone gels for the playoffs and Howard needs to be solid.

I am more interested to see how the forwards hold up from an injury standpoint.

Don't forget that the last team Winnipeg played was the Wings, and now similar talk about PHX's existence is being spread. As a Clevelander, I would never wish losing a franchise on anyone, but the similarities are striking (to me anyway)

Outside that, most of the matchups are intriguing, I am giddy at this point.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I hope nobody is waiting for delivery of anything from Canuckistan.

I understand they shut down during the playoffs.

Enclosed below is the NHL's 1st-round playoff matchups for the 2011 Stanley Cup...("The Coolest Game on Earth).
proxy.php

http://espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs/matchups

It may be a little too early to tell (and I'm not getting out my crystal ball
proxy.php
just yet), but being from East Lansing, MI....I should be rooting
proxy.php
for the Red Wings, but I also like the Caps too (you kind of gotta support the team that's nearest to your city/location), :lol1:

proxy.php

"Rock the Red" :thumbup:

Christopher
proxy.php

PS The Goalie Motto: "Only God Saves more than Goaltenders".

C-A-P-S, Caps, Caps, CAPS!

Edit: I am really looking forward to the Habs and Bs. That will be a fun series to watch.

Last edited:
Top Bottom