What's new

OK Here we Go...The NHL's 1st-round playoff matchups for the 2011 Stanley Cup!!!

I started my playoff beard today. Being a Kings fan, I don't expect it to get very full.

Worst case is I get to shave again soon.

GO KINGS!!!

proxy.php
:thumbup1:

Let's go Blueshirts!

That's a great logo.

Loving the King Henrik avatar. He's been great tonight...as usual.
YAY! Overtime in the playoffs. My favorite!!

The Wings are going to be a monster if Howard continues to bolt himself in like he did tonight.

Can't wait to watch the Nucksters. I have a terrible feeling for Chicago.

Past performance is not indicative of future performance.

For wise gentlemen everywhere, San Jose is the obvious choice.

+1, DolimiteB. Nobody seems to want to talk about your post and the greatness that is the Sharks. It's ok, teachers thought Einstein wasn't smart either.

I started my playoff beard today. Being a Kings fan, I don't expect it to get very full.

Worst case is I get to shave again soon.

GO KINGS!!!

I started my playoff beard on Saturday after the Caps played their last regular season game. I miss my TOBS Eton College cream so much! I think I am just going to whip up some lather when I get home from work. Clearly shaving with quality products is like drugs, stop for a while and start going through withdrawal.

Edit: GO CAPS!

Last edited:
+1, DolimiteB. Nobody seems to want to talk about your post and the greatness that is the Sharks. It's ok, teachers thought Einstein wasn't smart either.

The Sharks are loaded...but

Joe Thornton is 3/4 of his regular season self in the playoffs. It can't be explained simply by the fact that he's facing a better talent pool in the playoffs. He should be a point per game playoff guy. He goes from a game-changing talent in the regular season to Jason Pominville in the post season. Nice player, but probably not the guy to carry you to the cup.

Tossing aside '97 when he was but a child, he's played in 85 playoff games and he has 65 points. His regular season stats since '98 = 863GP/924Points.

Lots of other very good players historically show a modest drop in their points per game in the playoffs, but not to Joe's extent. The really great guys often see their stats go up a little in the playoffs.

If Jumbo and Nemo both play the way they should, then I agree, The Sharks will be scary. I hope they do. I really like JT...hope he finally puts it together and sheds the "No Playoff Heart" label. And it would be nice to see Nemo back up his performance from last year in CHI...making McLellan feel dumb about forcing a time share with Nitty for half the season.

I started my playoff beard on Saturday after the Caps played their last regular season game. I miss my TOBS Eton College cream so much! I think I am just going to whip up some lather when I get home from work. Clearly shaving with quality products is like drugs, stop for a while and start going through withdrawal.

Edit: GO CAPS!

LOL. I know what you mean. I've been splashing some Tabac aftershave on my face rather than some cologne just so I can have a part of my morning ritual.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Bah. I don't like hockey anymore. Stinking Habs ruining my whole week.

It was a good game according to the Cherry, that dual god of Boston & Canuckistan .. actually a great game .. so wait until 1 PM Saturday when me Wings send the Jets back to Winnepeg, eh?

The Wings looked great (but I am biased). The BOS/MON was a great game (hated the result), the Canucks looked good, Tampa looked flat. Man, I am jacked for the next several weeks.

Don't be sad, I am forced to shave everyday for work. It is torture some days:tongue_sm

Top Bottom