What's new

October Mess Hall Group Cookout-Theme: Taco's

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
If you can't make something on the dates posted, just make something anytime leading up to cookout week. Then post your pictures, etc. during the cookout week.

...if my health remains good I'll be out the week of the cookout in October. Hopefully I'll be at the Turkeyfest BBQ cook-off in Cuero, Texas with my brother. When he's not looking, I'm going to try and steal some of his ribeye roll too.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Here's our list of participating Taco chef's for our 1st Mess Hall Group Cookout (MHGC) for Monday October 5th to Sunday October 11th.

If you want in type, "I'm Cookin'."and then post your name at the bottom.

Theme: Taco's

1. DoctorShavegood
2. Brucered
3. oc_in_fw
4. Claudel Xerxes
5. SiBurning
6. otto76
7. cleanshaved
8. tims5377

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Now the game begins. How will you build your taco? Beef, chicken, fish, shrimp or pork? Or, will you go exotic like possum or turtle....lol. I hear rattlesnake mixed with skirt steak can heal the sick. Cheese is a winner, but what kind? What about the crunchy veggies, not to mention the salsa's. Dig deep guys.

The Group Cookout is a great idea, but Tacos are no where near my specialty. I do make a nice from-scratch fish taco, but most of the time tacos in my house are quickie weekday meals made with Casa Fiesta crunchy corn shells, burger, cheese, onion, lettuce, salsa, etc. Maybe some refried beans if I get all crazy-like...

I'm gonna sit this one out and watch from the sidelines. If when the time comes I get all inspired, maybe I'll post something unofficially.

Good Luck All!

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
The Group Cookout is a great idea, but Tacos are no where near my specialty. I do make a nice from-scratch fish taco, but most of the time tacos in my house are quickie weekday meals made with Casa Fiesta crunchy corn shells, burger, cheese, onion, lettuce, salsa, etc. Maybe some refried beans if I get all crazy-like...

I'm gonna sit this one out and watch from the sidelines. If when the time comes I get all inspired, maybe I'll post something unofficially.

Good Luck All!

Sorry to hear that Jim. Unofficial posting is fine....and there's nothing wrong about posting crunchy corn shell taco's. They are a big favorite around my house.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I think side dishes should be a player, too. I am currently thinking of what to have as a side.

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
Did someone say "Tacos"? :w00t:

"I'm Cookin'."

Theme: Taco's

1. DoctorShavegood
2. Brucered
3. oc_in_fw
4. Claudel Xerxes
5. SiBurning
6. otto76
7. cleanshaved