What's new

๐Ÿฑ ๐Ÿถ ๐Ÿฆก ๐Ÿด ๐Ÿท ๐Ÿ… ๐Ÿฆ‘ ๐Ÿ  ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿฆ‡ ๐ŸŠ SOTD โ€œAnimal Weekโ€ August 14th - 20th, 2023 ๐Ÿฑ ๐Ÿถ ๐Ÿฆก ๐Ÿด ๐Ÿท ๐Ÿ… ๐Ÿฆ‘ ๐Ÿ  ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿฆ‡ ๐ŸŠ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Razor: Twig
Blade: Jaws (8)
Bowl: Captainโ€™s Choice
Brush: Yaqi Ferrari Cashmere
Pre: Stirling Unscented Pre-shave
Lather: Stirling Smoky Grapefruit
Aftershave: Stirling Piacenza

IMG_2601.jpeg

IMG_2598.jpeg
ย 
3Cybzko.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glicerlanolina Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: D.R. Harris H3 Best Badger
Soap: Speick (tallow)
Razor: Rex Konsul (3)
Blade: Vintage NOS Schick Plus Platinum (1)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Speick Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Speick EdC

Such good soap; a great pity they reformulated.
ย 

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE Sunday Shave, August 20th

Razor : Yaqi SE Excalibur AC 50mm with a Milano SSP handle:001_wub:- Mfg 2021>, mild to tame mid. Simple clamping design with small head parts to assemble(I assemble over wash cloth). The performance for a single edge is excellent for myself with very little irritation with over 100 shaves with this nice daily driver razor also. I use my blade Schick proline p30 for 6 shaves and then toss. This morning was a typical easy shave with no issues.
Blade : Schick proline p30(6)- sharp and smooth with reasonable longevity. Great blade match with my Excalibur razor.
Soap : Razorock Lavender, very nice masculine lavender scent with excellent lather qualities. On 3rd tub of this soap and it has become obsolete.
Brush : Yaqi "purple haze" 24mm synthetic, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. Very nice gentle brush that is a delight to use every once in while.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : 1-10 dial - Copy (2)2 template 10.1.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: excellent morning shave with my Yaqi Excalibur SE razor with a Schick proline blade.
SOTD August 20 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!
ย 
8/20/23

T-Rex fragrance for the theme! It's one of my favorites, but it isn't for everyone. One, maybe two sprays is all you need. It also sticks on me for over 24 hours. This is my second time using the Personna platinums, first time with my YPM 921-M, now with my Tradere SB. I have gotten irritation both times, and not that close of a shave. I prefer the Lab Blue Supers or Gillete Nacets by quite a lot.

Razor -Blackland Tradere SB
Blade - Persona Platinum (2)
Brush - Omega Evo Green
Pre-shave - Myrsol Emulsion
Lather - Antiga Barbearia de Bairro Riberira Shaving Cream
Aftershave - Antiga Barbearia de Bairro Riberira Aftershave Splash
Fragrance - Zoologist Tyrannosaurus Rex
082023.jpg
ย 
Razor - Paradigm Diamondback
Blade - Personna Lab Blue
Brush - TNS Aqua Carbide L6
Software - Saponificio Varesino 70th

Amazing shave with top notch hardware and software. Two passes = BBS. I was surprised the razor handle diamond pattern actually offered decent grip. Life is good.
20230820_152339~2_Original.jpeg
ย 
Back on track today with Sample Sunday

SOTD: 08/20/2023

Razor: Leaf Thorn
Blade: Personna Lab Blue, 1st use
Brush: The Wet Shaving Store Synthetic G5
Preshave: PAA The Cube 2.0 (as face soap)
Soap: Ariana & Evans Choco Cubano
Aftershave: PAA Cavendish
Balm: PAA Star Jelly Son Of Honeysuckle
Additional Care: Thayerโ€™s Coconut WH
Fragrance: Caron Yatagan EdT
IMG_5717.jpeg

4.5 out of 5 stars

So yesterday went for the comfort zone shave, today all new to me products (minus the blade). Overall a really good shave, but like a lot of people the Choco Cubano burned my face a bit which stopped as soon as my cold water rinse and no burn from the aftershave so itโ€™s probably the soap. Have to take off half a star for the razor just not quite aggressive enough will have to use this more before making final judgement.

Anyone else think A&E soaps are kinda finicky to lather?
ย 
IMG_5875.jpeg

Razor: Aylsworth Kopparkant Plus
Blade: RK (Green) (D5)

Lather: Elysian Soap Shop Pineapple Ambrosia
Brush: Heritage Collection Ever-Ready 3-Step
Bowl: Bluff Cove Pottery

Post 1: P.A.A. Alum w/No-Slip Grip System & Dry Dock System
Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave: Elysian Soap Shop Pineapple Ambrosia

What a guilty pleasure Pineapple Ambrosia is. Between you and me I just love this soap and aftershave. It isn't straight pineapple or it would just be called pineapple. It's a sweet pineapple with a little coconut and something else I can't quite place. Overall it's really good and is a true favorite of mine. I think Pineapple Ambrosia is a great fragrance that is fun for warmer weather. Just don't eat the soap or drink the aftershave because trust me, you're going to want to.

The Kopparkant Plus did a fantastic job with a fifth-use RK blade and the Ever-Ready brush was a joy to use in itself. I didn't use a lot of soap but giving it a good bit of distilled water it produced plenty of lather allowing me to do three passes. I ended up as smooth as can be and after a few uses, I'll tell you I'm still very much diggin' the razor and the shave it gives.

The aftershave is a real gem. Not only does it smell fantastic (like you could drink it) but it feels great too. You can tell it hydrates your skin as the feeling is very apparent shortly after but also last for hours. I was noticing the effect for what felt like all day.

Like I said, Pineapple Ambrosia is a real guilty pleasure and I think if you try it, it might just become one for you too.

Thanks for reading. Now go enjoy your shave.
ย 
08/20/23 Shave of the Day
Face Wash with Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements 11235 Argan Oil Body Soap
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements 11235 Conditioning Shampoo Puck
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements ICE CUBE 2.0 Preshave Soap - Mentholated
Crown King HATHA Artisan Shave Soap - A Rare Limited Edition Unobtanium Classic!
The Razor Company - 26mm Manchurian Silvertip Badger Shaving Brush - Mango Marvel Handle
AKA Brushworx 3 Pass Shaving Lather Bowl - Eruption Pour
Through The Fire Fine Crafts Pottery Shave Soap Spoon
Phoenix Shaving Ceramic Moonscape Brush Scuttle
The Phoenix Starling V3 Polished 316L Stainless Steel Single Edge Safety Razor with Closed Comb Base Plate & Mystical Mustard Tip - 1st Use
Personna GEM SE Super Stainless Steel Blade - 1st Shave
Lancaster Razor Works Tangerine Orange Black Sheep Shaving Towel
Phoenix Shaving No Slip Grip Alum Block
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Alum Block Dry Dock System
Thayers Alcohol Free Cucumber Witch Hazel Toner with Aloe Vera
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements HATHA Artisan Aftershave/Cologne - A Rare Limited Edition Unobtanium Classic!
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Epic 5% Niacinamide (Vitamin B3) Serum
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements 11235 Natural Deodorant - Sport Strength
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Diver Down Pomade Wax Based Ol' Fashion Pomade Grease! Medium Hold Homage to the Original Seaforth Spiced!
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Official Phoenix Shaving Barber's Mat! The Perfect Addition to Your Shave Station!
โ€‹
A IMG_4268.jpeg
ย 
High Efficiency August 2023

Razor: Lambda Athena
Blade: Muehle
Brush: Ap Shave Co Cobalt handle Muehle STF 25 mm
Preshave: PAA the Cube
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Manna Di Sicilia
Aftershave: Saponificio Varesino Manna Di Sicilia After Shave

(If this is too long for your reading you can skip of course or even if it was shorter you can always skip, this is just my thoughts after a shave :001_smile)

The Lambda Athena, no new commentary there, terrific razor, really not much more to say on it.

The Muehle, I have to say, a really good blade, smooth, sharp, wish they weren't so expensive for a 10 pack or you have buy 200 for it be reasonably priced but I digress, it paired well with the Lambda Athena, it was great.

The Ap Shave Co Cobalt handle with the Muehle STF 25 mm, where do I start. It was my first time using it, I did a face lather, used no bowl of any kind and I enjoyed using this brush for the 1st time. I had no problem loading the soap, face painting or even splaying using the the chin or jawline technique. I am right handed and the only thing, which will take some time for me to get use is that I could easily splay the knot on the right side of my cheek but my left side the it was harder, too more effort and the knot wanted to spring back in place. I am not exactly sure why but I will figure it out, a sort of little challenge for me.

The synthetic knot provides something different than a badger, which is giving me a different shaving experience like using boar instead of badger at times. I did enjoy this and glad I got it, all the positive stuff written about the Muehle STF 25 mm I can see why, it has good backbone, to me, the tips are soft (I enjoy backbone and a good scrub with badger) but this was different, makes lathering feel different. I am primarily have been a badger brush for 1 year of wetshaving now but this was defintely a nice thing to have in the shave den, I will enjoy using it.

The handle itself from Ap shave co, I really, really, really liked and glad I got it, its a bigger handle with heft (weight, not sure exactly) and I have big hands so it was really solid to hold and use, I like the look and color of it as well, I really do, I am very happy with it, I really am.

The Saponificio Varesino Manna Di Sicilia really enjoyed the soap, terrific soap, made later quite easily with it. Whatever I said before about it holds true for this just a different scent, which was enjoyable, post shave feel was great. The aftershave was great as well, also has more alcohol than I expected, which I like as it provides that alcohol kick ie stinging (in a good way of course).

Used Alum block again, had very little feedback and no irritation to my skin so I was happy with it.

My 1st pass WTG, 2nd pass WTG/XTG with touch ups, 3rd pass ATG leaving me a very nice DFS+/BBS with no cuts, nicks, weepers or irritation or I should say very little to the point where I call it zero. Overall very terrific shave, very enjoyable, very happy with it.

20230820_202546.jpg
ย 
PHm0rnw.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glicerlanolina Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Zenith 3-band Machurian Badger
Soap: Barrister and Mann
Razor: Rex Konsul (3)
Blade: Vintage NOS Schick Plus Platinum (3)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, APR Choix Alfredus Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Lalique Encre Noire EdT
ย 
8/19/23
Haslinger Ringelblumen
H.L. Thater 4376/3 Silver Tip
6/8 Puma #91
Tony Miller 3" Fast Bridle Strop
Omega Alum Stick
Clubman Original
Nivea Maximum Hydration
Montblanc Individuel