What's new

🐱 🐢 🦑 🐴 🐷 πŸ… πŸ¦‘ 🐠 🐍 πŸ¦‡ 🐊 SOTD β€œAnimal Week” August 14th - 20th, 2023 🐱 🐢 🦑 🐴 🐷 πŸ… πŸ¦‘ 🐠 🐍 πŸ¦‡ 🐊

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOTD: 19th August 2023.

9.jpg

​
Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body+Face Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Fine 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Proraso Eucalyptus & Menthol Shaving Soap+Sensitive shaving cream.
Blade: Rapira Swedish Supersteel. (D1)
Razor: Ming Shi 2000s. (Settings) 2.5-wtg,4-atg,+pick ups.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils + 3 Menthol Crystals, Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Proraso Eucalyptus & Menthol ASL./Aloe Vera Cooling Gel.

Greetings,

A new eclectic shave set up to start the weekend...Continuing with Chinese clone August using the Ming Shi 2000s.

I've mentioned before in my past postings out of all my adjustable razors the Ming shi 2000 is by far the most assertive it had a very Love/Hate reputation within the wet shaving community when it first came on the market.

I was passed on mine from a friend I also have a spare one too, both of them have good blade alignment it is however a very assertive razor, even on it's lowest setting it's still a very efficient razor you must have instant shaving confidence and be it's master when shaving. It also doesn't allow bad technique, or lack of concentration and most importantly the lightest of touch and much respect is vital if not, It'll bite you for sure.

I find the Rapira Swedish Supersteel blade a great match for the Ming Shi 2000s feeling smooth & efficient.

The Ming Shi 2000s razor alone, like most of my more assertive razor's has improved my shaving confidence and technique multitude.

I never thought in a million years I would use such an efficient razor especially for a head shave...practicing my technique has gave me the shaving confidence to do so.

Another enjoyable close comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Aloe Vera Cooling Gel.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth cool and smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. :cool:
Β 

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
IMG_6850.jpeg

1) Portugal: Brush Semogue Galahad Boar.
2) Turkey: Shaving Soap Arko.
3) England: Razor Gillette Flat Bottom Tech.
4) China: Razor Blade Yellow/Pink Flying Eagle.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Skin and Stubble Balm.
7) R.O.I. EDP Bespoke London.
Β 
A SOD.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Martin de Candre
Brush
Omega Hi Synthetic
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Wolfman WR2 SB
Blade
Personna Medical Prep blade
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Every Man Jack ASB
Fragrance
TOBS Sandalwood
Rating
10/10
Comments
This is the third and most likely last shave with my Wolfman WR2 SB loaded with a Personna Medical Prep blade. Since I have so many blades I no longer push the use of a blade. The brush today is the Omega Hi Synthetic. This brush unlike most synthetic brushes is not soft on the face. However, it easily loads soap and does a good job of making lather. This is the 196th shave with the MdC puck. In 2016-201 I managed to get 258 shaves with a puck of MdC soap. I don’t know if the MdC soap will last as long as then since now I shave my head. A nice BBS shave. Have a great day and weekend, folks
Β 

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Saturday, August 19th 2023

Razor : Yaqi Slope slant Torsional type- Mfg 2023>, mild to tame mid range depending on blade used. Well built and designed with a adequate finish + reasonably priced for a 316 SS razor head. Bought mine on sale so it was more to my liking price. I usually receive some decent shaves with this razor and it does not have a lot of blade feel so I like to use the KAI SS extra wide blade that works well in most milder razors for a slight boost in efficiency & slightly more blade feel. Had a great shave this morning.
Blade : Kai SS extra wide(8) Sharp and smooth with excellent longevity. Top tier of my 6 best blades I enjoy the most.
Soap : Cyril R Salter Wild Rose cream, nice rose scented cream 6/10 with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Aqua" 24mm high mountain 3band silvertip badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Alum test(very minor stinging) Fine fresh vetiver with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : 1-10 dial - Copy (2)3 template 9.5.1.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + 1 blemish weepers=:a17: Excellent shave this morning with my Yaqi slope slant with a Kai extra wide blade.
SOTD August 19 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!
Β 
SOTD: 08/19/2023

Razor: Gillette Red Tip Super Speed
Blade: Gillette Perma-Sharp Super, 1st use
Brush: Shavemac 22/48 D01 2-band
Preshave: Proraso White
Soap: Mike’s Hungarian Lavender
Aftershave: Fine Lavender Pour Homme
Balm: Speick Original Balm (Later tonight)
Additional Care: Thayer’s Cucumber WH
Fragrance: Caron Yatagan EdT
IMG_5709.jpeg

After Wednesday’s bloodbath I decided to take Thursday off and Friday is my normal skip day so my face got a nice 2.5 day rest. For today I wanted to go with things I’m comfortable with just to keep any lingering irritation at bay, only thing new was the brush and this little guy was super scrubby 😍 on it first outing. No irritation and no problems just like normal.

5 out of 5 stars
Β 
My Blackbird OC Baseplate turned up today; so naturally the SB baseplate was removed and a new OC shave commenced. :biggrin:

SOTD
SOTD-Blackbird-OC-O_2023-08-19.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Simpson Wee Scot 13/39
Soap: Clubman
Razor: Blackland Blackbird OC
Blade: Gillette 7o’clock Black (9)
ASL: Clubman Musk

A truly excellent shave. :biggrin:
I don't know if it was beginners luck or not, but (on first shave) the OC was EVEN BETTER than the SB. :clap:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:
Β 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom