What's new

🎃 👻 🦇 👹 SOTD - “Halloween” Theme Week - October 30th to November 5th, 2023 🎃 🧛 🧟‍♀️ 😈

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello B&Bers!

This SOTD Weekly Theme is all about Halloween.

This week’s theme is easy peasy… we just want to see you showcase your Halloween Spirit and Halloween themed SOTD! All you need to do is incorporate Halloween into your SOTD posts!

We want to see pics that include Halloween costumes, candy, Jack O Lanterns, Halloween themed shaving brushes ( @ChiefBroom from Paladin makes great examples of this), themed soaps like B&M Hallows, etc… anything “Scary” would fit the bill.

Nothing SE themed? Please still post a pic of your usual shaving setups. Or post pics of your usual SOTD or just tell us all about it. Let’s see lots of Halloween artistic representation this week!

As always, the weekly themes are just a suggestion, but being creative and having fun IS mandatory. We encourage you to post or shoot photos of your Shave Gear of the Day regardless of the theme as sticking with the theme is NOT mandatory but encouraged.

Let’s see your Halloween themed pics/posts! And the Scarier the better!

1698603562790.jpeg

7C183B31-FD90-4E65-B713-6D3B5852270D.png

Menthol Monday SOTD
20231029_160032 (2).jpg

Razor: Shield Titanium Avenger
Blade: Personna Injector (D3)
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Timber Wolf
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Iced Cube 2.0
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Eucalyptus & Spearmint
Shave Soap: Southern Witchcraft Samhain (Koolada)
Butter: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: Southern Witchcraft Samhain

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
IMG_8188.jpeg

1) Italy: Brush Omega 10777 Boar.
2) Germany: Shaving Soap Tallow Tabac.
3) Germany: Razor Merkur 25C.
4) Russia: Razor Blade Gillette 7 O’clock Yellow.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm.
7) Spain: EDT Nautica Classic.

Razor: Souplex
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Light Brigades (3)
Brush: Semogue Barbear Português 2023
Preshave: PAA The Cube
Soap: Tobs Sandalwood Shaving Cream
Aftershave: Tobs Sandalwood Aftershave Lotion (Splash), Tobs Sandalwood Moisturising Cream

(If this is too long for your reading you can skip of course or even if it was shorter you can always skip, this is just my thoughts after a shave :001_smile)

This was fun to use the Souplex, haven't used it in a quite a while. Nice razor, smooth, efficient, gentle, nimble, really fun to use.

The Wilkinson Sword Light Brigades pairs really well with this razor, I think this blade pairs well with every razor, such a good blade, sharp and smooth, really like it.

The brush, Semogue Barbear Português 2023, my first time using a Silvertip Badger brush and wow, what a great brush this is! It has soft tips, soft with good back bone, a good size knot, the loft is a great length. The handle is really comfortable in my hand, this is a super brush, really great.

I used the Tobs Sandalwood Cream, Aftershave splash and aftershave moisturising cream, I really like this pairing. I have not used this is quite a while and being able to face latherer with the Semogue Barbear Português 2023 was great, it really was. I did the scoop into a seperate conatiner (never done that before) in order to load my brush (so this was not a bowl latherer at all) and it worked out really well, so happy with that, can do that in the future with some of the softer soaps I have.

My 1st pass WTG, 2nd pass WTG/XTG with touch ups, 3rd pass ATG with some more touch up after leaving me a very nice DFS+/BBS with no cuts, nicks, weepers or irritation or I should say very little to the point where I call it zero.

Great overall shave and post shave feel.

20231029_190700.jpg

A SOD.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Cera Ve Hydrating Facial Cleanser
Soap/Cream
Martin de Candre
Brush
Kent BK8 Silvertip
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Merkur 37C
Blade
Wizamet
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Every Man Jack ASB
Fragrance
Jimmy Choo, Man Intense
Rating
10/10
Comments
This is the 4th and final shave with the Merkur 37C and Wizamet blade. This is one nice slant razor. Efficient but smooth. Today’s brush is one no longer made: a Kent BK 8 Silvertip. This is the softest badger brush I own. Some folks find this brush too soft and lacking in backbone. However, I have no problem making plentiful lather with it. I am continuing to use MdC and so far I have gotten 269 shaves from it. A perfect shave to start th week. Have a great day and week, folks.

Monday
Pre-shave: Hims High Tide Hydrating Cleanser /Cremo Coconut-Mango Shave Cream
Razor: Yaqi Romulus
Blade: Kai Captain Mild Protouch MG
Brush: EverReady C40
Soap: C.O. Bigelow Premium Shave Cream
Aftershave: Alum/ Kiehl’s Calendula Herbal- Extract Toner/Lucky Tiger After Shave & Face Tonic
Balm: Jason Moisturizing Gel

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
MMMonday, October 30th 2023. The MicroMatic Monday thread, use any ASR razor that uses a Gem blade any day of the week.

Razor : Gem Push button- Mfg 1958-65, tame mid range. This razor kind of follows the theme when cars use push buttons for shifting automatic transmission selection back in the days. I find this a great razor to use and enjoy using it when it comes up in my random large razor rotation, it works the best early in blade life also and is hard to beat the shave it will give, speaking of shaves I had a comfortable close shave this morning.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE (3) very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle.
Soap : Yaqi Musketeer Rapier, nice scented soap(Aramis classic cologne + excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Ferrari" 24mm boar bristle. Excellent lather generator, soft spit end boar bristle ends, nice splay scrubber + great lather painter. Nice boar brush to use!
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Yaqi Musketeer Rapier + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : 1-10 dial - Copy (2)2 template 10.1.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my Gem Push button razor with a coated Gem blade.
SOTD October 30 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom