What's new

🎃 👻 🦇 👹 SOTD - “Halloween” Theme Week - October 30th to November 5th, 2023 🎃 🧛 🧟‍♀️ 😈

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tue 31
Cream & Aftershave BS MacaRoot & Aloe
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm Silvertip
Razor Lakeside Cutlery Chicago
Love this cream & matching aftershave. It smells wonderful! The lather was superbly whip-up by the excellent brush.
This razor has been providing outstanding shaves ever since I received it, amazing! Silky smooth and crisply keen edges...
20231031_093018.jpg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
IMG_8191.jpeg

1) Italy: Brush Omega 10066 Boar.
2) Germany: Shaving Soap Tallow Tabac.
3) Germany: Razor Merkur 25C.
4) Russia: Razor Blade Gillette 7 O’clock Yellow.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Replenishing Post Shave Balm.
7) USA: EDT Jovan Musk.

SOTD: 31st October 2023.

11.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Nivea Men Power 24H Fresh Effect Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 10077.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Nivea Men Sensitive Pro Ultra-Calming Liquid Shaving Cream.
Razor: FaTip Grande. (Face) - Gillette London Bridge. (D3)
Razor: Gillette Guard. (Head) (D1)

Cold water Face & Head wash with brush squeezing's,/ Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./ Alum Rub./Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel/ L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB./ P&G Old Spice Hawkridge ASL.

Greetings,

(Halloween Face & Head shave)

An enjoyable close face & head shave to finish the month off wonderfully.

My month open comb focus with the FaTip Grande & Parker 24C paired together with Gillette London Bridge blade has been a joy...Both razors have performed superbly, especially the FaTip Grande. The extended run out with the Gillette Guard has been provided me with close presentable head shaves...I will continue to add it to my rotation for my head shaves in future shaves.

I haven't used the Nivea Men Sensitive Pro Ultra-Calming Liquid Shaving Cream which always provides a slick protective lather. It's gooey sloppy mess appearance on my first use left something to the imagination which put me in doubt about it. However, once i started to add a few drops of water to gooey mixture it exploded and became slick rich and protective with no drying out issues and superb post shave feel... It doesn't have much of a scent so It doesn't conflict with any post shave scent applications.

Tonight is Halloween night ever since I was kid it has always been something I've looked forward to...I still love to watch the classic Frankenstein with Boris Karloff, which for me will always be the best version and still amazes me each time I watch it....The Acting, b & w photography, & directing of the film is so incredible dramatic....Another favourite is the 1974 Mel Brooks comical take of Young Frankenstein which is a classic in itself.

Parents uncles aunties, grandparents, friends, neighbours will be having the usual mass visiting Trick-or-Treating presence from Wolverines, Michael Myers, Witches, Werewolf's, Mother-In Laws, Priti Patel's, Jacob Rees-Mogg's, Zombies, Vampires, Frankenstein's, Mummy's & Daddy's, Beetlejuice's, Batmans, Batwomen, Jokers, Freddy Krueger's, Chucky's, Jason Voorhees knocking on the door queuing up for the boat load of goodies people have for them around the world to mark this 'spooky Halloween Trick-or Treating event.

Something That I always mention on Halloween is don't forget to keep your pets indoors and safe from harm while enjoying the spooky & soon to come bonfire-Guy Fawkes night (UK) festivities.

Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of P&G Old Spice Hawkridge ASL.

My face is feeling cool smooth, & smelling divine.😉

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.😎

Hello from Singapore! Sharing my new cartridge razor - Auger from Kai. Hands down the best cartridge experience as the blade just slices effortlessly through day old stubble. Used previously Feather Samurai, Fusion, Hydro 3 and 5, Protector( my daily shave is a Feather DE though). Gotta see how many shaves elapse with this cartridge before it starts to pull. The razor has great design with two point angle selection, so the stubble under the chin can be easily removed. I think the advantage is not as great as they hype, but it's still a well thought design. Hate the anodized dlc look as I think a matt silver finish would have been miles better. But I guess it's just a Japanese thing to have these flashy designs sometimes for an otherwise good product.Thank you for reading !

Attachments

• 20231029_080308~3.JPG
    20231029_080308~3.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
31 September, 2023
Prep: Hot towel
Razor: Rockwell 6S – #3
Blade: Polsilver (Lodz)
Brush: Brad Sears Archduke 26/50 2-Band Manchurian
Soap: Declaration Grooming: Gratiot League Square (Milksteak)
Fragrance: Manhattan Eau de Parfum by Roja Dove
last shave of the month, and very enjoyable it was too...

A SOD.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Cera Ve Hydrating Facial Cleanser
Soap/Cream
Martin de Candre
Brush
Maggards 28mm Synthetic
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
U.K. Aristocrat
Blade
Personna Medical Prep blade
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Proraso ASB
Fragrance
Yves Saint Laurent.
Rating
10/10
Comments
I started the week with a different razor and blade: the U.K. Aristocrat and Personna Medical Prep blade. I continue to use MdC. This is my 270th shave with MdC. My previous use of MdC resulted in 268 shaves. I am pleasantly surprised I am getting more shave than before because I did not shave my head back then. A perfect BBS shave. Have a great day and week, folks.

IMG_1520.JPG

Razor: Gillette Tech
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum
Brush: Omega 48
Cream: ARKO Men Regular
Aftershave: Natio Calming Aftershave Balm
EDT: Network by Lomani

First time trying the BIC, my hopes wheren't super high but I quite liked it, perfectly smooth and one of the better shaves I've had in the last little while. Does the orange wrapper count as being Halloween themed? The Network paired really well with the ARKO regular, light and clean.

Tuesday
Preshave: Hims High Tide Hydrating Cleanser /Cremo Coconut-Mango Shave Cream
Razor: Yaqi Romulus
Blade: Kai Captain Mild Protouch MG
Brush: EverReady C40
Soap: C.O. Bigelow Premium Shave Cream
Aftershave: Lucky Tiger After Shave & Face Tonic /Alum
Balm: Nancy Boy Replenishing After-Shave Gel

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, Trick or Treet 🎃, Tuesday October 25th 2023

Razor : Yaqi 2nd generation or V2 Mellon razor head 316 SSP with a Tear Drop handle 316SSP- Mfg 2023>, mid range. Excellent design with excellent machining and finish QC. I also have a 1st version or V1 Melon head and the newer V2 has a little more blade feel but not a lot(it's always user perception of blade feel!) This has become one of my favorites over use and it just works but will bite with to much pressure like all razors. Had a great comfortable close shave this morning.
Blade : Treet platinum- sharp and smooth and longevity is unknown. New blade testing.
Soap : Yaqi Musketeer Rapier, nice scented soap(Aramis cologne scent) with excellent lather qualities. Always a treet when using this soap in the early morning. One of my favorites!
Brush : Yaqi " Barber shop" 24mm 2band badger. Excellent lather generator, luxury pillow like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. Yaqi 2band badgers are a nice brush and have a lot of different types to compare with over the years.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Yaqi Musketeer Rapier splash + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : 1-10 dial - Copy (2)3 template 9.5.1.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my Yaqi V2 316 SSP Mellon head with a fresh Treet blade.
SOTD October 31 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:
(Monday OCtober 30) SOTD
SOTD-BBOCOW-P_2023-10-30.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac Silvertip 2-Band 20/44
Soap: LEA Classic
Razor: Blackbird OC on custom olive wood handle
Blade: Gillette 7o'clock Black (10)
ASL: LEA Classic

An excellent shave. :biggrin:

My Grail Razor never fails to give me a great shave, and the rest of the team makes it even better. :w00t:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Razor: 1969 (O-4) Gillette Super Adjustable
Blade: Gillette Nacet

Lather: Elysian Soap Shop Styx
Brush: Van Der Hagen Pure Badger
Bowl: Fine Accoutrements Fine Lather Bowl

Aftershave: Elysian Soap Shop Styx
Aftershave: Elysian Soap Shop Unscented Skin Balm

Elysian is one of my favorite artisans and for good reason. All of their products are outstanding. Everything is made with high-quality ingredients, that you can feel post-shave. Post-shave is always superb in my experience.

Styx keeps it simple with three notes. Apple, Tobacco, Incense. I pick up on the apple and incense a little more than the tobacco but the three are blended well to make a nice fragrance that's fitting for this time of year.

I did three passes with my beautiful gold Super Adjustable, and with the great lather that I had, earned a nice bbs. Even at setting 9, I find this razor mild. So for me, it's no sweat going against the grain to make sure every last bit of hair is removed and that my face is smooth.

After some Styx aftershave splash, I applied some unscented balm. This stuff truly is amazing. I'm serious. If you're looking for an aftershave balm. You owe it to yourself to try this one.

Elysian quality and a Halloween theme... What more could I ask for? Another great shave!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom