What's new

NEW RAZOR BLADE

I don't have much experience with Pakistan manufactured blades, but I have has some Chinese blades that were very good (and some lousy ones, too). I know that they're not a Chinese company, but just saying "where" the blades are manufactured doesn't really mean much; quality can vary quite a bit within the same country.

Still intrigued and looking forward to some additional reviews.
Grundi I agree completely. My experience with both these blades has been very good. The platinum is excepting more aggressive razors and the Silver has been excellent in mild and aggressive razors. Both are smooth and comfortable. YMMV.
For some reason the locale of manufacturing is an issue for some. I could care less as long as the blade gives me a good shave. I could care less where the steel is from or what is on their label or website. THESE BLADES ARE VERY GOOD.

The line on the Silver blade shop page: "inspired by traditional Samurai swords" - I really don't see how?

Unless they're using tamahagane or shirogami steels, the only possible connection I see is that they are both sharp objects.

It's a weird move and doesn't inspire confidence, for me.
Sounds like advertising puffing. I agree with you about the samurai stuff.

Grundi I agree completely. My experience with both these blades has been very good. The platinum is excepting more aggressive razors and the Silver has been excellent in mild and aggressive razors. Both are smooth and comfortable. YMMV.
For some reason the locale of manufacturing is an issue for some. I could care less as long as the blade gives me a good shave. I could care less where the steel is from or what is on their label or website. THESE BLADES ARE VERY GOOD.
Good for you. If they are good blades and you like them, great!

You didn’t make them, you just bought them. 👍

While I have no doubt these are very good blades, I think the issue for many might be there are so, sooo many very good blades to choose from already, not that I intend to speak for anyone but myself.

While I like to play from time to time, getting me to spend twenty-four to thirty-eight cents on a single DE blade is going to take some convincing, since I know I can already get excellent blades for a fraction of that price.

Just my proverbial two-cents.

“Made in Germany” vs “Made in Pakistan” is quite a big difference. But I never believed they were made in Germany.

I also don’t swallow that “German steel”, which contradicts the statement on their website. If it’s recycled, how to they track the steel provenience? Since when a product made in let’s say China, shipped to Germany and at its end of life is being recycled and then suddenly becomes “German steel”?

Another thing: anyone working in development knows it cannot take years to a serious team to develop a simple DE blade out of “80% recycled materials”.

The whole story behind this company stinks. It stinks worse than a skunk in danger.
That is very contradicting indeed. They should give us a better definition of made in Germany on this one, they should clarify this. What if one source runs out and they'll have to get their steel from an another country, will there be a difference between the blades?

MY SINCERE APOLOGIES TO ALL
In my desire to share these great new blades with all, I made certain assumptions that I shouldn't have.
I had assumed that because the headquarters of this company was in Germany and the owners are German that the product was made in Germany. In reviewing my emails and my posts, that was my unfortunate assumption. The MY-Blades company never told me that they were made in Germany, nor does anything on their website indicate such. All they indicate is that they use electric furnaces and the majority of the steel is recycled material and some other specifics.

This does not change my opinion as to the excellent quality of the blades from my personal usage. YMMV, of course.

Again, I do apologize for my stupid and incorrect assumptions. It was not meant to deceive or mislead any of you.
The members of this forum have been nothing short of helpful and generous with their time and advice and it grieves me that I was so wrong.

MY SINCERE APOLOGIES TO ALL
In my desire to share these great new blades with all, I made certain assumptions that I shouldn't have.
I had assumed that because the headquarters of this company was in Germany and the owners are German that the product was made in Germany. In reviewing my emails and my posts, that was my unfortunate assumption. The MY-Blades company never told me that they were made in Germany, nor does anything on their website indicate such. All they indicate is that they use electric furnaces and the majority of the steel is recycled material and some other specifics.

This does not change my opinion as to the excellent quality of the blades from my personal usage. YMMV, of course.

Again, I do apologize for my stupid and incorrect assumptions. It was not meant to deceive or mislead any of you.
The members of this forum have been nothing short of helpful and generous with their time and advice and it grieves me that I was so wrong.
There is no need to apologize for anything because you're 100% NOT wrong at all! Check this out:

1699385581932.png

This is from scheersalon.nl. I have used Google Translate to translate the page to English so you guys can understand it. See the claim? Here is an another one from barberblades.co.uk:

1699385763088.png

Here is the page translated to English from soulobjects.de
1699385995856.png

Wait... hold on... German steel made in Pakistan?!?!

1699386186836.png

This is the tip of the iceberg lol:

1699386311956.png

So their blades are made of German steel which is sourced from all over the world and made in Pakistan? How is that even possible lmao :welcoming::welcoming::welcoming: Bruhhh.....

@walpan You're not wrong. They do claim that the blades are made from German steel:

1699388735349.png

Source: SILVER DOUBLE EDGE RAZOR BLADES X 100 - https://www.my-blades.com/collections/razor-blades/products/silver-double-edge-razor-blades-100pcs

Last edited:

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
The best thing for the My-Blades company to do now, is to get ahead of this thing, by putting out a new PSA video on their channel. They need to clarify everything. Because as it is right now, they are not very fourth right, and they are making mistakes. I suppose we can blame this on a new company that doesn't have a good PR department yet. But, at the same time, these questions have easy answers, so its time to cough em up. PSA statement, definitely.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
The best thing for the My-Blades company to do now, is to get ahead of this thing, by putting out a new PSA video on their channel. They need to clarify everything. Because as it is right now, they are not very fourth right, and they are making mistakes. I suppose we can blame this on a new company that doesn't have a good PR department yet. But, at the same time, these questions have easy answers, so its time to cough em up. PSA statement, definitely.
I'm still thinking of trying the 100 silvers for 14 dollars. That's a decent price if they are good. It reminds me of my son-in-law sending me a link for custom-made British tweed suits. All the images and models were from the UK. They have an address in the UK and claim it is a family-run business. The kids took over when their father retired. You put in your sizes, and they make you a hand-tailored traditional 100% wool British suit. The styles, patterns, and colors are beyond fantastic. They may have an address in the UK, but the suits are made and shipped from China. Upon reading reviews, if there is an issue there is very little recourse. You have to deal with the company in China directly. It seems to be a prominent internet business model to allude to being European. I'm not saying this is intentional on the part of My-Blades. It does seem to be a common practice.

I'm still thinking of trying the 100 silvers for 14 dollars. That's a decent price if they are good. It reminds me of my son-in-law sending me a link for custom-made British tweed suits. All the images and models were from the UK. They have an address in the UK and claim it is a family-run business. The kids took over when their father retired. You put in your sizes, and they make you a hand-tailored traditional 100% wool British suit. The styles, patterns, and colors are beyond fantastic. They may have an address in the UK, but the suits are made and shipped from China. Upon reading reviews, if there is an issue there is very little recourse. You have to deal with the company in China directly. It seems to be a prominent internet business model to allude to being European. I'm not saying this is intentional on the part of My-Blades. It does seem to be a common practice.
I have a friend who worked in the fashion industry for years, he told me that most italian brands like Versace and Brioni do the same. Most of their suits are actually made in Morocco and not Italy as they claim. They make them in Morocco but they won't sew the buttons on them they do that in Italy and claim the made in Italy label.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I have a friend who worked in the fashion industry for years, he told me that most italian brands like Versace and Brioni do the same. Most of their suits are actually made in Morocco and not Italy as they claim. They make them in Morocco but they won't sew the buttons on them they do that in Italy and claim the made in Italy label.
I get that. I should probably get a mod to remove my post as I wasn't clear. I'm not talking about European companies who outsource products or sew on buttons for the claim of a made-in label. I'm talking about Asian Companies on the internet that have zero connection to Europe whatsoever. I buy clothes from Charles Tyrwhitt, Peter Christian, and Relco of London. All their clothes are outsourced from Morocco or Asia. They are legitimate UK companies. When you order from them they ship from the UK, and the clothing is done to their specifications as their reputation and label depend on it.

The company in my original post did have kids who inherited a shop from their father. The only thing is the shop is in China and there is no connection to the UK.

Top Bottom