What's new

New from Greenville SC

Hi folks,

Probably should have checked in here to begin with, but been with B&B for a few days and been enjoying the conversations! I am checking in from Greenville, South Carolina and been learning to enjoy a few more of the standard gentleman's comforts as I get a little bit older--shaving accessories and necessities included. Also an aficionado of mechanical watches, good pens and pencils (I use notepads for my writing efforts and then type later), vintage electronics among other things.

By way of explanation a bit...anybody who's seen many of the posts I've made since I got here will see I reference my parents a lot. It's par for the course right now I suppose--Daddy left us back in August, and it was somewhat expected with things that had been going on with him. What hit us all the most was Mama left just about three weeks later, completely unexpectedly. Having things like B&B to be interested in helps fill the time for sure.

With all that said, been enjoying it here, and thank you all!

Welcome to the forum. There are some really great people here.. I hope you enjoy it a lot... BTW , I also have a house in your general vicinity too.... Spartanburg county.....

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Hi folks,

Probably should have checked in here to begin with, but been with B&B for a few days and been enjoying the conversations! I am checking in from Greenville, South Carolina and been learning to enjoy a few more of the standard gentleman's comforts as I get a little bit older--shaving accessories and necessities included. Also an aficionado of mechanical watches, good pens and pencils (I use notepads for my writing efforts and then type later), vintage electronics among other things.

By way of explanation a bit...anybody who's seen many of the posts I've made since I got here will see I reference my parents a lot. It's par for the course right now I suppose--Daddy left us back in August, and it was somewhat expected with things that had been going on with him. What hit us all the most was Mama left just about three weeks later, completely unexpectedly. Having things like B&B to be interested in helps fill the time for sure.

With all that said, been enjoying it here, and thank you all!
Welcome to the B&B community. I was saddened to learn of your parents passing, especially so close together. I’m glad B&B is providing some solace in challenging times.

Welcome to the B&B community. I was saddened to learn of your parents passing, especially so close together. I’m glad B&B is providing some solace in challenging times.
It's been an adjustment. I was the only child and my wife and I have one little boy ourselves, and his grandparents were a large part of his existence. He's still learning to process it I think--he hasn't really slept easily or consistently since then, especially after Mama passed. She was always there every night to help put him to bed.

Top Bottom