What's new

My new breakfast indulgence.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I use Creme Fraiche.
BTW, how much do you add to the eggs?

I've added heavy cream to my grocery shopping list. I'll pick some up when I go to the store today or tomorrow.

My latest breakfast indulgence has been Canadian Toast, a recipe I invented a few years ago but haven't used in a while. Same ingredients as French Toast, but I toast the bread beforehand, dice up the toast into half-inch cubes, then submerge them in batter and let them soak for 5 or 10 minutes. Finish it off as if you were making scrambled eggs.

I can make this in large batches, 6 eggs and 6 slices of bread, and the leftovers will keep for about 3 days and I just need to heat them up in a microwave. Top it off with sour cream or applesauce, and maybe a drizzle of Sriracha sauce. MMMM, mmm, good!
Sounds good.

Cold butter cut into small cubes works well too. I add the butter to the eggs, and beat it all together. Of course you still melt more butter in the pan as well. The fat in the butter (and cream) like the cream helps keep the proteins from binding so tight. Also, low low low heat.

Cold butter cut into small cubes works well too. I add the butter to the eggs, and beat it all together. Of course you still melt more butter in the pan as well. The fat in the butter (and cream) like the cream helps keep the proteins from binding so tight. Also, low low low heat.

Cool. Thanks.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I use butter(unsalted) in the frying pan when I cook eggs. Any other techniques?

Butter- for a well lubricated heart :biggrin:
Do you think eggs are more of a "man" food. The SWMBO could take it or leave it...mostly leave it.
My wife cannot stand eggs, my granddaughter only eats egg whites (BLEHHHH). I don't think I have ever seen my sisters eat eggs. You may be on to something.

My 2 year old daughter ate 5 eggs the other day. She kept asking for more! The only reason she didn't eat more was because I thought it was rediculous for a 2 year old to eat a half dozen eggs!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
My 2 year old daughter ate 5 eggs the other day. She kept asking for more! The only reason she didn't eat more was because I thought it was rediculous for a 2 year old to eat a half dozen eggs!
Should have added some bacon strips to balance it out :001_smile

I use butter(unsalted) in the frying pan when I cook eggs. Any other techniques?

Bacon grease. I cook my bacon first then cook the eggs in the grease. If I'm just cooking eggs (i.e., no bacon on hand) then I'll use unsalted butter. I've recently gotten hooked on Kerrygold butter.

Will a towel wrapped around your head protect you from the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal? Is the trick of flying throwing yourself at the ground and missing? :001_smile

The odds of finding this reference in an egg thread just powered my improbability drive for the week.

Top Bottom