What's new

Muhle R41...can anything beat its efficiency?

Perhaps you misunderstood my post. Having tried "contenders" over the years, and with various blades and creams and soaps, I would be hard pressed to find a razor that shaves my particular face as precisely, effortlessly and efficiently as the Star 100. I am admittedly partial to vintage hardware, but finding the right razor for yourself is like finding the right woman for yourself--the time comes to quit looking. :001_smile
So there's no such thing as the right razor, sorry lads let's all call it a day loool 😂😂😂🤷🤷🤷

So there's no such thing as the right razor, sorry lads let's all call it a day loool 😂😂😂🤷🤷🤷
You sound just like the golfers who have to buy every whizbang new driver that come out because they are sure the next one is going to give them that extra eight yards. Never mind that they drop $250-300 on each one. Then they end up out in the garage, out of sight and out of mind, never to be carried to the tee again. If you work on your technique and get your lathers just right (not just "pretty"), you'd be surprised how much better those razors you didn't like become. A good carpenter doesn't blame his tools. But I feel better that you got a good chuckle.:001_smile

You sound just like the golfers who have to buy every whizbang new driver that come out because they are sure the next one is going to give them that extra eight yards. Never mind that they drop $250-300 on each one. Then they end up out in the garage, out of sight and out of mind, never to be carried to the tee again. If you work on your technique and get your lathers just right (not just "pretty"), you'd be surprised how much better those razors you didn't like become. A good carpenter doesn't blame his tools. But I feel better that you got a good chuckle.:001_smile
Nah I'm not lol

Was just joking with my post as you mentioned it's like getting the right woman, nevermind was just a joke it's all good mate 👍

I am pretty sure some time ago I read here on the forum someone claiming they are not 100% the same.

You are pretty sure that some time ago, "someone" on the forum claimed that they were not 100% the same? That's really nailing things down...

Maybe a wee bit more research might be in order?

the r41 is a modern classic and basically the only razor i would ever need, the other few razors i own are just a bonus. i have never had a shave with it that did not end with a perfect result. the only drawback is, that the shaves take me 10 minutes longer than with a rocca or lupo which deliver the same results for me and therefore are more often in use.

the r41 is a modern classic and basically the only razor i would ever need, the other few razors i own are just a bonus. i have never had a shave with it that did not end with a perfect result. the only drawback is, that the shaves take me 10 minutes longer than with a rocca or lupo which deliver the same results for me and therefore are more often in use.
Welcome to the forum

Ikon tek and Ikon short comb photo finish

The short comb is a RAD killer, it's just so efficient and nimble to shave with.

The short comb is a RAD killer, it's just so efficient and nimble to shave with.

They are both so close, short comb for size and ease of moving around?

Interesting to read about the R41 here. Remember it been around longer than some people have been wet shaving.
Also remember " efficiency razors relies on the skill of the handler. Plus we have the factors of so many variables in the shave. Prep, process, hardware, software, skin, stubble type and many more.
So after reading most of great members experience here, we should known what are the best efficiency razors in our den. Whatever yours is, it may not be mine. If you are, I am happy. I am not going to sell you what works best for me. That is your journey.
The R41(whatever favor you have) can be a great work horse it the right hands, with all other factors aline also.
I hope you have your efficiency razor(s) or ever hitting high efficiency target.
I know I have mine.
Different Faces , Different Cases..
Love the sport, not just the equipment..
The members hear rock!
We are here to help and guide.
Share and Care..
BFX

Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own.
Bruce Lee

Last edited:
Top Bottom