What's new

Liber (and razors) medicina animi

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
The Pré de Provence shaving cream is the worst shaving product I‘ve bought. The scent is very generic. It’s a brushless cream that didn’t lather like Cremo. Takes a lot of product to do a 3 pass shave and the product is not very slick.
I believe @LRod had a similar experience with the PdP shaving cream and sent it back.

~doug~

I believe @LRod had a similar experience with the PdP shaving cream and sent it back.
Unfortunately I live in another country, so send it back will cost more than the product itself. :(

I’ll find another use for it. Maybe mix with another soap or to use to body shave. :D

The scent is very weird. Two different and clashing scents profiles, a generic fresh scent and a herbal (thyme) that for me reminds a cheap cigarette. I like Arko and Stirling Electric Sheep, although a clean scent mixed with cigarette is very disgusting 😂

Last edited:

~doug~
Yep!
Here's the thread:

Razor: Gamechanger 84SB

Brush: SOC Finest Badger

Soap: Stirling Electric Sheep

Blade: Timor (1)

The Timor blade is slightly sharper than the Eddinson blade. Very smooth.

60AB8275-8ED9-41D0-966F-856052C3D04F.jpeg

Soap: Arko

Blade: Bolzano (1)

First shave with the Bolzano blade. Hard to tell which blade is better. Maybe the Bolzano is slightly worse than the Timor and the Eddinson. The difference among these 3 blades are so small.

Really funny to use the real Bolzano. In my country there is a Bozzano shaving cream. I didn’t know they “copy” the name of the Italian brand :p
A9EAAE1F-3938-4CDB-9CD2-B4FFB988B77B.jpeg

Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3

Soap: Stirling Electric Sheep

Blade: Bolzano (3)

Third shave with Bolzano blade. A little rough shave as the blade is losing sharpness. First impression: Eddinson>Timor>Bolzano.

939A1F75-C797-48EC-8419-B8C838516001.jpeg

Razor: Bengal + Gamechanger 84SB

Soap: Arko

First time using a SR. I managed to shave the right cheek and the front of the chin. A tiny tiny nick in the chin, probably a ingrown hair.

SR have a huge learning curve. Many skills to develop, shaving itself, honing, stroping.

FD3E61D7-F14F-4EEC-AEA2-1BF62416A7BE.jpeg

Razor: Bengal + Gamechanger 84SB

Brush: SOC Mistura

Soap: B&M 42

Second attempt using a SR. Lowering the angle helped. Sometimes I didn’t shave at all; sometimes I hit the some stubble 😂. First time I tried use the whole length of the blade, this time I tried to use only the point. I manage to shave the right cheek without major accidents😌

12BF1CEA-3A6D-4064-B7C9-0B1C4A5A747F.jpeg

Razor: Lupo 95OC

Soap: Palmolive Cream

Blade: Astra SP (1)

Bowl: Captain’s Choice

Finally the Army give my razor back. Took a few months but ok. I didn’t know why the razor and 2 fountain pen had to be sent to the Army, maybe the pen is mighty than a sword?!

Thank you @AnimalCatcher for the Palmolive cream. This brand is not available in my country. Always a pleasure to try a classic 😄. The Lupo 95OC is excellent, a little blade feel but in a good way.

5D92A1C7-EC8A-4194-B8B0-8BCE32EDC248.jpeg

Razor: Lupo 95OC

Soap: Palmolive Cream

Blade: Astra SP (1)

Bowl: Captain’s Choice

Finally the Army give my razor back. Took a few months but ok. I didn’t know why the razor and 2 fountain pen had to be sent to the Army, maybe the pen is mighty than a sword?!

Thank you @AnimalCatcher for the Palmolive cream. This brand is not available in my country. Always a pleasure to try a classic 😄. The Lupo 95OC is excellent, a little blade feel but in a good way.

View attachment 1610753
You are very welcome, Hugo. Glad you are enjoying the Palmolive.

Razor: Blackbird TI

Soap: Passiflora

Blade: Permasharp (1)

I finally get my grail razor, a Blackbird TI. I really love my BB SS, but the TI version is even better 😁, same efficiency and less blade feel. I like some blade feel and this razor have the exact amount.

I didn’t try many different blades. Until now, my all time favorite is the vintage Schick, incredible sharpness, smoothness and longevity. Unfortunately vintage blades are impossible to find in my country. The Permasharp is the best modern blade I’ve tried until now. The first shave is a little harsh, the blade starts to shine from the second shave. On average I have up to six shaves using this blade.

68382226-C426-4A3A-A3CF-D193880710EC.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom