What's new

Liber (and razors) medicina animi

Razor: Gamechanger 84SB

Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Família

Soap: Murphy & McNeil Náid

Blade: Astra SS (1)

Bowl: Captain’s Choice

Book: Trading in the zone

First time using a high end soap. Thanks @bobmsp and @haggis for the generosity. I didn’t get the AS yet. Maybe will arrive here next month.

The soap is very subtle with a clean and relax scent. I only have tried Cremo, Arko and Proraso before. I’m into fragrances, so I foresee more soaps like that in my future.

Aside the soap, all the gear is very well known. For the moment the GC is my only razor, but I have purchased some new toys ;)

E44F5510-1EBD-4166-A805-58A54A36A2F2.jpeg

The book:

The author brings some interesting concepts about investing. The trading operate in a environment almost without rules, this way, the trader have to create your own set of rules like safeguards and take all the responsibility for the operation

671BED12-E781-48F0-82D0-DA93750A669B.jpeg

New gear has come. SOC finest badger butterscotch.

Best handle shape I have. Took me 3 lathers with dish soap to get out the funk. Really like the face feel.

3452F92F-C39E-4731-8494-1383FECF241B.jpeg

Razor: Wolfman 1.25

Brush: SOC badger

Soap: Murphy & McNel Náid

Blade: Astra SS (2)

Book: The Eye of the World

Finally I get my grail razor. Took me a few months in the waitlist more a few months to arrive in my country but the razor is marvelous.

The polish is incredible even in the basic polish. The tolerances are very tight, the razor “sings” when I put a blade in it. Well balanced even with the solid handle. The handle is wider than my Razorock.

My first spin with the razor: shaves very close, have some blade feel but it’s ok. I felt a mild weepers after the shave. Probably it will improve in the next shaves. The same happens when I transitioned to the GC.

E027DB7E-5A54-41F2-99F3-CF7D7314C406.jpeg

The Book:

I’ll start this book today. My mother is a big fan of the show and started to read the book. She wants to talk about the book, but people don’t have interest in books with 1000 pages these days. Let’s see if I will like the book.

9FB29C63-3199-4B32-AA2E-15DA3F48C474.jpeg

Razor: Wolman 1.25

Brush: Semogue 830 boar

Soap: Arko pressed into a container

Blade: Astra SS (5)

First week with the Wolfman. Took me 3 or 4 shaves to get a free weeper shave. Now, every shave is smooth and close. It’s a keeper for sure.

The handle is a little heavy for my taste. Maybe the hollow handle would be better. Although the razor is extremely well balanced. The 90mm is perfect for my grip. And the WR2 is the most beautiful hand that Wolfman offers in my opinion.

About the gap, the 1.25 it’s very smooth but not autopilot. I’m thinking that the 1.15 is a perfect everyday razor with zero blade feel. I’m happy with the 1.25 because I like a efficient razor. I have to buff my tricky spots, but it will be better in the future. I have to hone my technique and I will try other blades too.

In conclusion, I’m very happy with the razor and the gap I chose. It’s really a top notch razor. the best I ever tried. Let me see if I get along with the solid handle.

9B8032CC-D3F7-4776-B82A-73B487CC5AA6.jpeg

The book:

I’m digging the story ;)

3E8474FF-511D-40C0-A35C-B398DCAFC361.jpeg

Razor: Gamechanger 84 SB

Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Família

Soap: Arko

Blade: Silver Star (1)

Book: The Eye of World

Today’s shave is for the Challenge Shave for the Stars PIF.

The Silver Blade is very smooth with a moderate sharpness. Similar to Astra SP.

BBBA705F-557A-4F7C-81DD-8D4B3B8C38FC.jpeg

The book:

The book is very slow paced compared to the series. The narrative is more complex and immersive. 10/10

Razor: Gamechanger 84SB

Brush: Semogue 830

Soap: Murphy & McNeil Náid

Blade: Silver Star (3)

Bowl: Captain’s Choice

The Silver Star is very smooth and not so sharp. It’s kind of a “boring” blade. Some blades are dull and tuggy right off the bat; some are very sharp in the first shave and became duller with more uses; some improve with more shaves, this one is always the same. Not excellent, not awful, just ok, and a bit boring.

ED74A80B-3E39-459D-A255-134E0012FC2B.jpeg

Last edited:

I can’t believe, I used 33 blades in 3 years since I started wet shaving :)

In 2019 I bought my first razor (Rockwell 6C), 4 tubes of Proraso Red, 200 Astra SP blades, a Yaqi Sagrada Família, a Semogue 830 and a Captain’s Choice ceramic bowl.

Today I was cleaning and organizing some things. I’ve been keeping the used blades to find some way to recycle them and out of the blue I decided to count them. I used 5 tucks of Astra SP, 1 tuck of Astra SS and 3 Wilkinson Swords. I have 3 blades in use right now in my razors (2 Silvers and 1 Astra SP).

FC37DB11-5BAD-4C52-A051-3D42CABE7C14.jpeg

Last edited:

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Child protection is the most sacred duty of our species. Finding ways to help children develop empathy and learn strategies for long-range planning sounds very important to me.

Child protection is the most sacred duty of our species.
There is a fabulous quote about the friendship between Thomas Morus and the Duke of Northfolk. The author said that is easy to convince 100 people to do a atrocious act than one single person. A single person have to face a severe judge (his conscience). 100 people can lean on each other or on a collective mass.

I think Ortega Y Gasset talks about a similar concept of some kind of “mass-man”.

thombrogan

Accepting the permission of a large group of peers is definitely easier for most people to do than granting permission to one’s self.

Even without atrocities, we can see it in B&B and we can see the motivation of the individual more clearly.

On this forum, a person wanting to own some expensive shaving toy will ask if she or he should buy it and they already know most people will either encourage the purchase of steer the person towards something even more effective, interesting, or luxurious.

I must confess, I prefer the behavior more when it’s someone wanting an expensive safety razor and much less when the person wants permission to harm another person.

Accepting the permission of a large group of peers is definitely easier for most people to do than granting permission to one’s self.
I think on fóruns like B&B is less pronounced than social mídia like Instagram or Facebook because most of the people use a nickname and avatar. No real names, nobody knows who is rich and poor, etc. FB groups are pure vanity, people displaying collections, etc.

Again, about the book, parents really have to teach the children to deal with peer pressure. Nowadays is very common some kind of hive minds.

Now I have to go. It’s Carnival holiday today :) The biggest holiday in the year. :thumbup1::thumbup1:

thombrogan

It must have been a splendid Carnival if you haven’t shaved in two weeks. Hoping all is well with you and yours.

It must have been a splendid Carnival if you haven’t shaved in two weeks. Hoping all is well with you and yours.
I’m very busy these days. My primary goal was 1 post per week on Sundays but life happens :)

I have to post in the Shave for the Stars challenge. And I have some new gear to try too. Hope I have some time this week to post at least in the blade challenge.

thombrogan

It is definitely better to be busy than to have all the time in the world.

If you are able to write, I’ll search for your posts next Sunday or next Domingo (whichever is sooner).

Blade Review #1 - Silver Star blades.

This blades is smooth, not so sharp, good longevity (easily 6 or 7 shaves) and the metal is soft. I like blades with more rigidity, this blade is quiet and soft.

Good blade for beginners.

02C36F35-2CDB-48D0-BFFF-35807D946FD6.jpeg
47764615-2111-43F1-B8B1-36BEBF87D4B6.jpeg

Thanks for @AnimalCatcher @Space_Cadet and @Grundi for the Challenge. I only have used Astra SP and Rockwell before. It’s amazing how the blades change the shave. After that I get others brands and have been trying new brands. Some are awesome and some are terrible :)

Every newbie should get a sampler pack.

Top Bottom