What's new

Leather notebooks and Refills

Exactly when I'm buying a car and going to be in the middle of moving soon. Well I'll just have to get next years! Or depending on the auction maybe I'll pick it up there :p

Looks like I've got a present waiting when I get home! :D

$journal.png

Cheers,

M.

Mmmmmmmmmmm smell that beautiful leather smell. Journal looks AWESOME and feels...sooooooooooooooooooooooooo smoooooooooooooooooooooth! Fantastic job Brian and FC!!

Here's pics of mine!! :D

Cheers,

M.

Last edited:
Nice! How is the journal/book for staying open? Do you have to fight it to get it to lay flat? That's my gripe with A5 and smaller hardbound journals.

-Andy

I've written four pages so far (two pages back and front) and the only page that gave me any issues was the very first page. Seems to have the glue holding the pages together about 1/4" up from the spine so it doesn't lay 100% flat. Writing in that area (typically where I start all my sentences aside from my first which is indented) was a chore painful enough I stopped about 1/2 way down the page.

Like John the loops are a bit tight on my pen (Visconti Van Gogh), I'm hoping that use will loosen them up a bit. Smaller pens should be just fine and the only part that gets snagged is the cap - the body fits loosely.

Very happy with the journal so far! Definitely worth the investment as this is the most I've written in quite some time. :)

Cheers,

M.

Mine stays open without any trouble. I had the same issue with the first page. My "51" Flighter fits in the loops with ease. The paper is great, smooth writing with a pinkish tinge to it.

the only page that gave me any issues was the very first page. Seems to have the glue holding the pages together about 1/4" up from the spine so it doesn't lay 100% flat. Writing in that area (typically where I start all my sentences aside from my first which is indented) was a chore

Like John the loops are a bit tight on my pen (Visconti Van Gogh), I'm hoping that use will loosen them up a bit. Smaller pens should be just fine and the only part that gets snagged is the cap - the body fits loosely.

Very happy with the journal so far! Definitely worth the investment as this is the most I've written in quite some time. :)

Cheers,

M.

I just received mine today.
$IMG_20130822_172731_294.jpg

Now of course, the question: What pen should I use to inaugurate the notebook with leather cover?

Hero 616? TWSBI? Or maybe I can find a nice Parker 51 somewhere? :confused1

The leather smells outstanding, the quality is top notch. Thanks to Brian W and Scott @ Franklin-Christoph for putting this together.

If I were to take it into work, I would positively ooze class. :001_smile

I purchased the A6 and a refill. I received it today.

I noticed that the A6 refill is ruled, but the one that came with the leather cover is blank. That is NOT what I was expecting.

I purchased the A6 and a refill. I received it today.

I noticed that the A6 refill is ruled, but the one that came with the leather cover is blank. That is NOT what I was expecting.

That is indeed odd. I just reread the description on the West Coast Shaving website:

"Badger & Blade A6 Notebook Cover, Saddle Brown complete with a ruled firma-flex notebook inside."

"Badger & Blade A5 Notebook Cover, Saddle Brown complete with a ruled firma-flex notebook inside."

Last edited:
I know you guys love pictures

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Such a great leather notebook. My whole office smells like leather at the moment. Well worth the money but then again, all B&B branded products are :thumbup:

Last edited:
Top Bottom