What's new

I may be becoming a Perma-Sharp Fanboy

Oh it’s definitely the fakes, as far as B&B is concerned, but I am shocked how good they are. See here, your standard current super iridium (not polsilver), and the fakes below, not sure who makes them but they should be proud, they are as good as better at the current Super Iridium.
IMG_1223.jpegIMG_1224.jpeg

Last edited:
Oh it’s definitely the fakes, as far as B&B is concerned, but I am shocked how good they are. See here, your standard current super iridium (not polsilver), and the fakes below, not sure who makes them but they should be proud, they are as good as better at the current Super Iridium.
View attachment 1707224View attachment 1707225
The blades are made by a company in China. You can buy them direct from the manufacturer via AliExpress. They cost almost nothing, so if you like them you can save a lot of money if you don’t require the fake Polsilver box. I think I can find the AliExpress seller for these (it was in the multi-year long fake Polsilver thread, in the last few pages of the thread).

You’re right that you have the fakes. And also that, for no-name Chinese blades, they are far from the lowest quality you could find. Technically these blades aren’t really fake Polsilvers - the manufacturer sells them as unbranded blades. It is the person who buys them in bulk and puts them in replica Polsilver boxes who is the crook.

EDIT: Here it is, @Eshebert. $9 for 100 blades (or $33 for 500) direct from the manufacturer….

Last edited:
Looks like I need to revisit Perma-Sharps!!

If they are in the same league as Polsilver SI and Nacet, then they are far better than my memory!! :a29:
FWIW, I’d echo that Perma-Sharps are outstanding (for me, anyway). Effective, smooth, and comfortable. They’re probably my go-to blade now. They complement the mild but efficient razors that I use most of the time now, and I find they also work well with any razor.

Definitely a good time to revisit them, anyway, and if you end up really liking them you’ll have the chance to stock up before the Russian production goes away.

My shave today...
  • Gillette 195, F3 (Perma-Sharp, 3rd use)
  • Leaf Shave for noggin (Gillette Silver Blue, 1st use, 3 slots)
  • Old Grafton Harlequin 26mm synthetic
  • St James of London Sandalwood and Bergamot shaving cream
  • Osma Alum
  • Real Shaving Co post-shave balm

Friday is my Fatboy rotation day, and I was looking forward to how it performed with a Perma-Sharp. But before that, skull scrape with the Leaf, and testing out a full load with Gillette Silver Blues.

Great head shave. The Silver Blues are smooth, sharp, and a world away from the Willy’s I’ve been using. I almost had a BBS on the first pass, but then took my time on catch up. Really enjoyable.

My Fatboy was excellent with the Perma-Sharp. Effortless, smooth shave on settings 5, 4 and 3, and the blade really leaves a close finish. No irritation. Negligible feedback from the alum, even with a full three passes.

I'll have to compare the Silver Blue and the Perma-Sharp side by side on a face shave to decide which is best - but I'm still leaning heavily into the Perma. I shaved yesterday with an Astra SP in my T2, and while a good shave, a marked difference from the Perma.

I never see anyone talking about St James of London shaving cream. This was a birthday present from my wife, and it’s lovely. Rich, lathers quickly, gives great coverage, and doesn’t dry out too quickly. The scent is fabulous: classic sandalwood, but the bergamot adds a complex floral layer. Great scent and great cream. Highly recommended.

1692978100172.png

View attachment 1707224View attachment 1707225
The Polish guy in this thread says that those "fake" Polsilvers are for the Polish market and are legit. He says they lack the Iridium layer, they are actually similar to the brown label Stainless Polsilver. He seems pretty knowledgable.

The Polish guy in this thread says that those "fake" Polsilvers are for the Polish market and are legit. He says they lack the Iridium layer, they are actually similar to the brown label Stainless Polsilver. He seems pretty knowledgable.

Well it’s easier to refer to them as fakes here. Shave Nazis get bent when you stray too far from flock opinion. All I know is that the “Fake” PolSilvers I have in my possession shave as close and comfortable (if not identical) to my Wizamet SI, and my PermaSharps. But that’s my preference, I like Astas, GSB, all the Personna blades, Nacets. That’s all in my wheel house. Close, comfortable and can get me BBS in 2 passes, that only goes the the “Fake” PS, Wizamet and the PermaSharp. But I also go against the flock as I think ther Feathers are junk and horrible blades “for the value”. They do not last, harsh and never smooth. If they were $8/100 like Astras, I would have a different opinion.

I really like the Perma-Sharp blade, one of my favorites, and cheap to boot! To compare them to others mentioned in this thread,
I find them a step above GSB and Nacets. I really wanted to like them, but they're just not as sharp and smooth as the Perma-Sharps. I was ready to be impressed by Super Iridiums, but to me, they're a step below the GSB and Nacet. They felt less sharp, almost to the point of tugging.

I decided to revisit this blade 1 days ago, and I have a box of 5 blades made in Russia.

I have been shaving since 2018 with a Gillette Super Blue China razor, this blade is great in this razor.

I hope they are still produced in Russia :sad:

Top Bottom