What's new

I may be becoming a Perma-Sharp Fanboy

Like many, I got a sampler pack of different blades recently. Tried the Super Iridiums and... meh. Not bad, not great. But yesterday I tried a Perma-Sharp for the first time in my Rockwell T2 and... wow. Smooth, sharp, handled two day's growth with ease, zero irritation, and I was still face-stroking 8 hours later and marvelling at the smoothness.

So today, loaded the Perma-Sharp into my Rockwell 6C and gave that a test run. Second shave, same story. Bloody wonderful shave and, several hours later, still smooth. I like my Astra SPs, but the Perma-Sharps are proving, two shaves in, to be Awesome on Stilts, and crafted from Win.

Obviously, YMMV and all that, but I genuinely am enjoying the Permas. They'll be getting an outing in my vintage Gillettes later this week - Fatboy and a Slim, for certain, and perhaps my 46 Aristocrat. What can the B&B Hivemind tell me about them?

And in that sampler pack, I still have Voshkods, Personnas, Nacets, Feathers and Sharks to go, so looking forward to the journey.

LOL. Be quick to stock up good on them then. Next thing they are gonna be made in India or China and then you might not like them. ;)
I personally am not a big fan of those. Good blades, but I have always thought they are a tad overrated.

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
LOL. Be quick to stock up good on them then. Next thing they are gonna be made in India or China and then you might not like them. ;)
I personally am not a big fan of those. Good blades, but I have always thought they are a tad overrated.
From I heard about the move to India I've been stocking up on Permasharps and Nacets. I now have over 500 of each, should see me out the rest of my days.

Currently the Perma-Sharp is my #1 blade, it works in anything I own. It was love at first shave for me as well.

Today I got thrown for a loop, I am very perplexed. Today I received 100 PolSilver that I had already convinced myself were going to be fakes from reading on this forum. I finished a straight razor cheek shave (I am still learning). Then I loaded up my fake PolSilver in a R41 and cleaned up and 3 passed my neck. 😳 these PolSilvers are the best fake blade a man could ask for 🤣. Holy smokes was that smooth and efficient, it basically squeaked across my skin. I know some of you know what I mean. I am going to do that whole process I do with a new blade. Try is in every razors, multiple soaps, Pre and post shower, etc….. if these are fake, then the real thing must be like shaving with the hand of an angel. IMG_1218.jpegIMG_1222.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1221.jpeg
    IMG_1221.jpeg
    485.4 KB · Views: 33
Currently the Perma-Sharp is my #1 blade, it works in anything I own. It was love at first shave for me as well.

Today I got thrown for a loop, I am very perplexed. Today I received 100 PolSilver that I had already convinced myself were going to be fakes from reading on this forum. I finished a straight razor cheek shave (I am still learning). Then I loaded up my fake PolSilver in a R41 and cleaned up and 3 passed my neck. 😳 these PolSilvers are the best fake blade a man could ask for 🤣. Holy smokes was that smooth and efficient, it basically squeaked across my skin. I know some of you know what I mean. I am going to do that whole process I do with a new blade. Try is in every razors, multiple soaps, Pre and post shower, etc….. if these are fake, then the real thing must be like shaving with the hand of an angel. View attachment 1707217View attachment 1707218
How is the printing on the blade?

Real deal
43E57E82-2D0B-475A-A90E-A17EDEFDBA1F.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom