What's new

Guess I'll be going back to cartridge razors

Someday, I'll figure out the elusive BBS on my neck and on that day, I can say goodbye to cartridges forever, but that day wasn't today. Maybe tomorrow. Even so, I refuse to give up on DEs (or my Hawk AC) completely. They're fun to take for a spin when I feel like slowing down a bit.

Someday, I'll figure out the elusive BBS on my neck and on that day, I can say goodbye to cartridges forever, but that day wasn't today. Maybe tomorrow. Even so, I refuse to give up on DEs (or my Hawk AC) completely. They're fun to take for a spin when I feel like slowing down a bit.
Yes they are.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I wasn't getting poor shaves with my Fusion 5 Power. I was using canned goo... It wasn't bad at all.

As I've mentioned numerous times, our youngest son sent me a razor and blades. I already had a brush. I tried it once.... didn't really care for the razor but liked the idea of "wet shaving" so I started doing some research. Within a few days, I had a new razor and all the supplies I needed. I was in with both feet.

The main difference, as has been mentioned over and over on this site, is... I enjoy shaving now. I'm not saving money. I'm not saving time..... but it's rewarding..... learning about new equipment, new techniques, soaps/creams... the whole thing. I find the process mentally stimulating, if that makes sense.

To top it off, I'm actually getting closer shaves. It turns out... as I've said before... Gillette isn't as close a man can get. ;)

I shave with whatever trips my trigger at the moment; straight razors, safety razors and yes, even cartridge razors and enjoy them all. They all give me great shaves.
I could not agree more, I also use an electric razor in the mix, I love the variety of All four methods

I wasn't getting poor shaves with my Fusion 5 Power. I was using canned goo... It wasn't bad at all.

As I've mentioned numerous times, our youngest son sent me a razor and blades. I already had a brush. I tried it once.... didn't really care for the razor but liked the idea of "wet shaving" so I started doing some research. Within a few days, I had a new razor and all the supplies I needed. I was in with both feet.

The main difference, as has been mentioned over and over on this site, is... I enjoy shaving now. I'm not saving money. I'm not saving time..... but it's rewarding..... learning about new equipment, new techniques, soaps/creams... the whole thing. I find the process mentally stimulating, if that makes sense.

To top it off, I'm actually getting closer shaves. It turns out... as I've said before... Gillette isn't as close a man can get. ;)
It’s a great hobby

Top Bottom