What's new

Multi razor shave??

To me it’s a whatever works situation. A touch up razor isn’t a bad thing.

Ever notice that no matter how good your lightning is when you shave, it’s never as good as the natural light in your car?

I noticed it years ago, and found that I would miss a small spot or look and notice a long nose hair. So for just that reason I have a disposable razor and a small pair of scissors in my car. You don’t want to be that old weird guy with nose hair that looks like it can be braided.

Also as we get older you get that one crazy uni hair that grows from somewhere on your forehead or cheek. It’s only noticeable in just the right light.

We were out for a walk and saw a friend walking with his wife. He had two long blond Uni hairs on his forehead. After we left my wife asked me if I noticed the hairs and I said yeah, but how do you say something?
That's hilarious! I have a pesky cheek hair that I notice when I'm outside and the wind is blowing against my face. I can see it flopping around my glasses!

Think if you need TWO RAZOR to achieve e BBS, or Grail Shave maybe you need one good Razor.
I'm definitely not lacking in good razors, and I'm not using two razors over the same areas, it's two razors, for two different parts of the face. I only do one pass. Buuuut, I'm always open to hearing what razors other people like! 😁

Again it is just personal preference. I would not judge a mans shave by his razor or razors used.
I like to make the process fun and efficient.
Shaving now for over 50 years, I can pretty much shave with almost anything...lol
One or two...it up to you....
Or the standard...YMMV...

BFX
007523_01.jpg

To me it’s a whatever works situation. A touch up razor isn’t a bad thing.

Ever notice that no matter how good your lightning is when you shave, it’s never as good as the natural light in your car?

I noticed it years ago, and found that I would miss a small spot or look and notice a long nose hair. So for just that reason I have a disposable razor and a small pair of scissors in my car. You don’t want to be that old weird guy with nose hair that looks like it can be braided.

Also as we get older you get that one crazy uni hair that grows from somewhere on your forehead or cheek. It’s only noticeable in just the right light.

We were out for a walk and saw a friend walking with his wife. He had two long blond Uni hairs on his forehead. After we left my wife asked me if I noticed the hairs and I said yeah, but how do you say something?
I once tried to be genteel and remove a stray hair from a friend's mother's face....

.... but it was attached! :eek2:

I once tried to be genteel and remove a stray hair from a friend's mother's face....

.... but it was attached! :eek2:
That’s like telling someone they have something in their nose. We used to say: Hey you have a bat in the cave.

Your situation would have been bad for both parties.

WThomas0814

Ditto, ditto
Our youngest son does exactly that for the same reasons.

I also use two razors for every shave because I have a few pesky whiskers that grow right next to my nose. My Claymore Evolution gets to them better than any other razor I own. This routine also opens up the razors I can use because they don’t have to be able to complete that difficult task. I doubt most people have that issue, but I certainly do.
I tweeze those, along with the center of my one giant eyebrow 🤣

Not when I am using an average razor like a DE89. But when I am using a more agressive razor with plenty of blade exposure, like my R41 head, I use a second razor.

Here's why...

I have a pencil-thin mustache. With an extra sharp blade, it becomes more difficult to shave above and below my mustache, without a nick here and there.

Enter my twin blade Gillette PII cartridge razor from India. It is an authorized reproduction of the Gillette Trac II razor, that was introduced in the early 70's.

I keep it sitting out on the counter. When I finish with the R41 head, I just grab it and trim my mustache area. This just takes a few seconds and a quick rinse of the razor. Perfect and quick solution.

I am the sort of person that wouldn't bother. But luckily, so far I am more than pleased with the results I get using a single razor.

If anything I want to simplify and speed up my shave routine, adding more stuff especially having to change razors, have another blade or switch the existing blade is just way too much.

Peace x3 🙏

Top Bottom