What's new

Multi razor shave??

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Our youngest son does exactly that for the same reasons.

I also use two razors for every shave because I have a few pesky whiskers that grow right next to my nose. My Claymore Evolution gets to them better than any other razor I own. This routine also opens up the razors I can use because they don’t have to be able to complete that difficult task. I doubt most people have that issue, but I certainly do.

To me it’s a whatever works situation. A touch up razor isn’t a bad thing.

Ever notice that no matter how good your lightning is when you shave, it’s never as good as the natural light in your car?

I noticed it years ago, and found that I would miss a small spot or look and notice a long nose hair. So for just that reason I have a disposable razor and a small pair of scissors in my car. You don’t want to be that old weird guy with nose hair that looks like it can be braided.

Also as we get older you get that one crazy uni hair that grows from somewhere on your forehead or cheek. It’s only noticeable in just the right light.

We were out for a walk and saw a friend walking with his wife. He had two long blond Uni hairs on his forehead. After we left my wife asked me if I noticed the hairs and I said yeah, but how do you say something?

Last edited:

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
Some people do, and there have been many discussions in B&B.
Of course this is not the most common way.

I only use one razor at a time.
But if you need diversity and efficiency changes during the shaving process, then an adjustable razor is also a solution.

Some people do, and there have been many discussions in B&B.
Of course this is not the most common way.

I only use one razor at a time.
But if you need diversity and efficiency changes during the shaving process, then an adjustable razor is also a solution.
Perhaps, but hard to imagine an adjustable as efficient as an R41 and especially the Feather shavette.

From back in December:

I was curious if anyone shaves with more than one razor in a single shave? I have a beard, and discovered I get the best result using an R41 with a feather blade to clean up my neck, and my Feather Artisan DX Shavette to clean up my cheeks.
No one Razor, one pass. Why would you use to, if one does job well?

I was curious if anyone shaves with more than one razor in a single shave? I have a beard, and discovered I get the best result using an R41 with a feather blade to clean up my neck, and my Feather Artisan DX Shavette to clean up my cheeks.

Generally not, but it may help during the transition from safety razor to straight razor to clean up with a safety razor to get that illusive BBS (or DFS. When one starts straight shaving one has to tone down one’s expectations for a while…🧔‍♂️).

And as I said: during the transition only.
I don’t suggest switching razors as a matter of routine.

B.

No one Razor, one pass. Why would you use to, if one does job well?

Generally not, but it may help during the transition from safety razor to straight razor to clean up with a safety razor to get that illusive BBS (or DFS. When one starts straight shaving one has to tone down one’s expectations for a while…🧔‍♂️).

And as I said: during the transition only.
I don’t suggest switching razors as a matter of routine.

B.
I'm still getting my technique back with the Feather Artisan DX Shavette, as I stopped shaving in general for a bit. Found I got the best shave / least irritation using the R41 on my neck and shavette on my cheeks. Maybe I should just stick with the shavette and just work on getting the technique back. I also need to work on getting a better lather.

I have a van dyke style moustache and goatee and I use a moustache razor to trim around these. The safety razor does my neck, cheeks, and what's left of my jawline.
20240301_090642.jpg

Nowadays when I'm shaving with a SR or Shavette I tell myself 'less is more' rather than pushing on for BBS with the risk of getting nicks and cuts....finishing my touch up with an electric shaver (As The Irish Turk does on Youtube)

Yep, I have been practicing that for years. I have used this reference before because came to this watching baseball a long time ago. They utilize for pitching a: Starter, Re-leavers and Closer.
So mainly when I am shaving with a DE...I will part up two.
Not 100% of the time thou.
Depends on the job.
Starter and Closer..
With a double den established and fully used. But yes the rotation is then. I just enjoy grabbing the right tool or tools for the stubble and face condition. Fun, love the variety and choices...
BFX
I own zero for adjustables..
For me ...I just don't see why..
BFX

Nope. I strive to use only one, with an exception:

If I'm learning a razor and need to clean up with another.

Once I learn a razor, I only dance with the girl I brung. 😁

Top Bottom