What's new

Green Cult Steel Razor

Green Cult made sense in the first versions, when it cost 40 euro in Europe, the 2.0 version at 100 euro makes no sense there is a lot of competition in that price range

It was born as a low-cost SS razor made in Europe
They miscalculated the first run and admitted it (no wholesale margin, just costs plus their own margin). You can't grow a business on a mistake so they priced accordingly for the subsequent runs and seem to sell them well.

With your eyes closed Karve, whatever material you prefer
Same possibility of having numerous plates
Well... the Karve is a good razor. But when I open my eyes 😉, unfortunately, the Karve CB in brass, one plate included, will cost EU customers north of 130 Euro (add the retail price, shipping costs from Canada, import sales taxes, credit card fees, and last mile delivery fee from DHL/UPS/FedEx).

Again, that's the cheaper brass version. You'd have to pay approx. 200 Euro for acquiring the Karve CB Stainless Steel with one plate. That's almost double the price to pay for a GC... so IMO these two SS razors are not in the same ballpark, price-wise.

The comparison gets even worse if you decide to add a second baseplate at a later stage/second order... 😉

European customers still should consider the GC 2.0 attractively priced... if they want to buy one.
But no one has to 😉

Last edited:
Well... the Karve is a good razor. But when I open my eyes 😉, unfortunately, the Karve CB in brass, one plate included, will cost EU customers north of 130 Euro (add the retail price, shipping costs from Canada, import sales taxes, credit card fees, and last mile delivery fee from DHL/UPS/FedEx).

Again, that's the cheaper brass version. You'd have to pay approx. 200 Euro for acquiring the Karve CB Stainless Steel with one plate. That's almost double the price to pay for a GC... so IMO these two SS razors are not in the same ballpark, price-wise.

The comparison gets even worse if you decide to add a second baseplate at a later stage/second order... 😉

European customers still should consider the GC 2.0 attractively priced... if they want to buy one.
But no one has to 😉
Yes, you're right, I only considered the GC 1.0 at 40 euro
2.0 doesn't
Then let's be honest, a person who is willing to spend 100 dollars is also willing to spend 200 for something better, it still remains my thought
I prefer to spend more and better without accumulating razors "I already have too many" 😂

Yes, you're right, I only considered the GC 1.0 at 40 euro
2.0 doesn't
Then let's be honest, a person who is willing to spend 100 dollars is also willing to spend 200 for something better, it still remains my thought
I hear you when it comes to a 400 vs 500 USD/ Euro decision. Not sure about the same 100 vs 200 USD/EUR decision.
I prefer to spend more and better without accumulating razors
Whatever floats your boat... as they say.
"I already have too many" 😂
That’s the offical B&B anthem. And it is continued by " ... but I don’t care". 🤣

Back to topic now 😉.
The OC Greencult razors are not in stock as yet...

I hear you when it comes to a 400 vs 500 USD/ Euro decision. Not sure about the same 100 vs 200 USD/EUR decision.

Whatever floats your boat... as they say.

That’s the offical B&B anthem. And it is continued by " ... but I don’t care". 🤣

Back to topic now 😉.
The OC Greencult razors are not in stock as yet...
I guess I won’t rush it. I’m fine with my 1.0 but would like to have an OC. Once the first reviews are in I will consider which plate to get. I wouldn’t mind one notch below the 1.0.

I guess I won’t rush it. I’m fine with my 1.0 but would like to have an OC. Once the first reviews are in I will consider which plate to get. I wouldn’t mind one notch below the 1.0.
Do you have Green Cult 1.0? are you sure its top cap is compatible with the 2.0 plates? for me no

a top cap 1.1 maybe yes

Do you have Green Cult 1.0? are you sure its top cap is compatible with the 2.0 plates? for me no

a top cap 1.1 maybe yes
Plates aren't interchangeable between 1.0 and 2.0, blade pins are longer on v1 and slightly different geometry.
Guessing whole razor with the 2.0 and a single OC plate.

1.0 on the right.
20221105_173803.jpg

Top Bottom