What's new

Dress shirts

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I have a few questions about sizing in dress shirts.

I'm looking at the sizing guide here:
http://www.ctshirts.com/content.asp...Home&level2=Help&level3=Sizing charts for Men

and trying to decide if I am classic or slim fit, among other things.

I've got the neck and sleeve length understood, but I don't know what the difference between 16/33 and 16H33 is, other than an extra inch or so on the chest and waist.

Lastly, where would one measure the body length needed?

Thanks

'H' means "half" ... as in "half an inch"

so 16H35 would be a 16.5" collar and 35" sleeve.

As for the classic fit vs. the slim fit, for Tyrwhitt, unless you are actually fat, you can wear a slim fit.

'H' means "half" ... as in "half an inch"

so 16H35 would be a 16.5" collar and 35" sleeve.

As for the classic fit vs. the slim fit, for Tyrwhitt, unless you are actually fat, you can wear a slim fit.

Thanks, that makes sense.

Just curious here, and it might be a personal question for some, for those that have bought tailored clothes, in this case shirts, and lost weight is it reasonable or possible to get a tailor to reduce the size? I'd imagine reducing size is possible, just not so much the other way.

I've had some custom made shirts but never tried that. There are likely some tricks a tailor could perfom on the shirt body if you lost weight, but if your neck size went from say 17 1/2 to 16 1/2 or 16, I don't think much can be done. Any shirt experts out there want to weigh in?

Top Bottom