What's new

Question about dress shirts. WWYD?

I have normally been one to believe that dress shirts are either light blue or white. I have been living on the edge over the past two years by adding pink, and some patterned dress shirts.

I stepped out even further by visiting a store in NY called Lord Willy's that stocks some unique dress shirts with colored buttons but the prices were around $200.

Last weekend, I stumbled into H&M with my wife and they have a very similar styled shirt which is a light blue dress shirt with orange buttons. I love it!!

However, I am thinking about how to pair it with a tie. The buttons on the placket would be covered by my tie so the only buttons someone is really going to notice is going to be on the cuffs. Should I try to find a tie to accentuate the orange or just live on the edge a little and wear the shirt with any tie in my wardrobe??

Your thoughts please.

That's a pretty neat sounding shirt. I would wear whatever tie you'd like to wear. As you said the placket buttons will be covered, so the only bit of color people would see are the cuff buttons. But they wouldn't be so near the tie as to clash (I'm trying to think what color would clash with orange), so I would say go for it. I have a few french cuff shirts and I love the silk knot style cufflinks in all sorts of colors. I don't try to match them to anything.

Buttons are hidden so forget about them.

Kinda like the small part of the tie from hilfiger being a different color or the inside lining of a suit.

Top Bottom