What's new

Do you shave for....?

I shave for the sense of feeling neat and tidy. It doesn't really matter for work, as most of the time I feel like I'm the only one that bathes even!

I shave everyday mostly .. For work especially since I wear a uniform . But I like the look of a clean face anyway . I'm not partial to facial hair lol.

I either have a beard or I'm clean shaved. I can't stand in between. I have decided my beard days are over so I'm happy to shave six days a week. The scruff look is not for me.

I use to despise shaving, now after I discovered this new world of shaving, I enjoy it. I think it has something to do with the "ritual" of proper skin prep, loading bush etc. I actually look forward to it now.

I am only a little more than a week into wet shaving, and took Saturday off to let my face heal up. I shaved today, but as a noob I am still working on technique and need to let my face heal. I used to never shave on weekends unless it was a special occasion because there just wasn't a lot of comfort in the dollar shave club razors for me. I needed the weekend to let my face heal otherwise I'd have a rough week. I'm hoping that de shaving will let me shave everyday once my technique improves.

Until recently I shaved every day and a half, as I found that more frequent shaves resulted in some irritation, but lately I've been able to shave every day. I think it might be down to my new shaving brush (Omega S-brush), which creates a better, more protective lather. And I shave for the fun of it, although looking good for work, or university, or a night out, is always a bonus.

I shave, because it is the way I was brought up. The people I looked up to were all clean shaven. I think they thought it was part of being a gentleman. Along with shined shoes clean clothes and combed hair. Now that I have returned to DE's I really enjoy the process.

I shave Mon thru Fri because I have to for work. The weekends I shave because I hate the feel and look of stubble. I will every so often skip a Sunday.

I shave for me. I shave everyday, sometimes twice a day. I enjoy the process of shaving and draw serenity from it. Some would say it's just shaving and they would be correct. It just doesn't have to be "just shaving."

I'm on the every other day plan for work. However, I like a weekend shave where I can take my time. The weekend shave is the most enjoyable.

I started out having to shave in high school for wrestling. After starting a career in the fire service, I had to shave for work. I always hated shaving, and swore that I would never shave or cut my hair again when I retired. Now that I enjoy it so much, I may have to rethink that decision! :001_rolle

I just turned 60, and I can look back on the many different phases of my life. In the early years, I went to the local barber with my dad and we both got crew cuts. If I remember correctly, I got a crew cut every 2 weeks. NO beard at that time, needless to say.

During my hippie years, I got a haircut every 6 months. Never shaved. For lack of a better word, that was my Neanderthal period. My face was defined by two beady eyes that peered out from a large mass of hair.

Over time I became a responsible citizen. My hair was fairly long but well kept. My beard appeared periodically during my 30s and early 40s, but was gone for good by my mid 40s.

In my mid-fifties, I developed the typical bald spot which has expanded over the years.

I have now returned to my youth. I get a crew cut every few weeks (#2) and I shave daily. My dad shaved daily - twice on Saturdays to look his best on Saturday evening. I totally enjoy my daily shave. I get up early, well before anyone else, to have the house to myself. I shower, shave and have a cup of coffee in total solitude. It is peaceful and meditative; and a perfect way to start a day.

Cheers

Last edited:
Top Bottom