What's new

Looking For: Williams Mug Soap Shaving Mug

Hello all, I was wondering if anyone knows of a seller on here, Etsy, eBay, etc. that sells recreations of a Williams Mug Soap shaving mug? I've seen a few people with these before and I always loved the look of them. I've read that others have used Walmart or Amazon to upload an image of the Williams box art to a custom mug purchase, but I've tried this in two instances so far and neither worked out well (one was printed wayyy too tiny and the other was a horrible quality with bad colors)

I even see a current eBay listing where someone is selling something exactly like what I'm looking for, the only problem is that its fading in spots. If I'm going to spend $30+ on a mug I'd rather just get a newly printed one that will last me quite a while. Anyways, I'm attaching a photo of the mug from that listing to this post.

I know Williams had/has a cult following so I'm definitely not the only one who has wondered this. Just curious if any of you already know of a good place to source this!

Thank you very much to anyone who took the time to read this, and thank you in advance for anyone who replies.

Attachments

• examplewilliams.JPG
    examplewilliams.JPG
    257.4 KB · Views: 26
There's also a totally different option, ...if you search eBay for -1976 pewter mug- or -1976 Wilton mug- ... there's a mug that Williams actually offered for the bicentennial., But it doesn't say Williams on it.

Last edited:
There are two mugs that used the same box art - the one in your photo which seems to be made of ceramic material and another one made of glass. They do pop up on eBay every blue moon, so I would keep checking to see if one gets listed. View attachment 1806903
I actually have 2 of these! The nicer of the two I use for display, and the other of which I use for coffee. I don't think this mug style would make a particularly good shave mug though, at least not like the one pictured in my first post

Looking into this further, I'm finding out these mugs are Canadian, but made in England. They must be quite rare as I've never seen them until now. Not at all sure how to go about finding one outside of watching eBay for potentially a very long time

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240305-172729_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240305-172729_Chrome.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 12
I would also like that mug but agree with you on the price / condition of the one currently on eBay. Williams actually made a Currier & Ives mug in 1946. It is stamped "JBWC" on the bottom and it is the mug I use. There is one currently on eBay cheap. I know it might not be anything you want, but the best I can offer. Search ebay for Vintage Currier & Ives Coffee Mug - Winter in the Country, The Old Grist Mill.
Williams Mug.jpg
Williams Mug 2.jpg

I would also like that mug but agree with you on the price / condition of the one currently on eBay. Williams actually made a Currier & Ives mug in 1946. It is stamped "JBWC" on the bottom and it is the mug I use. There is one currently on eBay cheap. I know it might not be anything you want, but the best I can offer. Search ebay for Vintage Currier & Ives Coffee Mug - Winter in the Country, The Old Grist Mill
It's so interesting to find out that Williams was involved in these other mugs I've never even heard about. That looks like a wonderful coffee mug for winter mornings

Top Bottom