What's new

Dirty Bird Scuttle

Funny, I found it in about 30 seconds on the pottery page it is the third item down from the top.:blushing:

Click the pottery link on the left.

Web site states that the standard model is one piece, they will make it as a two piece by request.

So - questions for you :)
1. Do you see something like this too?

2. Is there a trick you use to compensate for this phenomenon that you could share?

I have seen this.. normally I add just a bit of water to 'regenerate'... I really noted it today..

I've found that while my Moss scuttle keeps lather warm through 3-4 passes, it is a ***** to lather with and actually does hinder getting really copious amounts of lather because of the size. The Dirty Bird scuttle sounds like it will keep the lather hot and the size is enough to really whip up a ton of lather.

Has anyone else used both the Moss scuttle and the DB scuttle? Is it worth selling my Moss on B/S/T or giving it to a friend and investing in the DB?

I've found that while my Moss scuttle keeps lather warm through 3-4 passes, it is a ***** to lather with and actually does hinder getting really copious amounts of lather because of the size. The Dirty Bird scuttle sounds like it will keep the lather hot and the size is enough to really whip up a ton of lather.

Has anyone else used both the Moss scuttle and the DB scuttle? Is it worth selling my Moss on B/S/T or giving it to a friend and investing in the DB?
Check w B R A N D X .. he has used several.. Wayne

Kbennett, I have both a large Moss scuttle and a Dirty Bird. They both work well and hold within a 1/2 oz. of the same amount of water; however, the actual bowl of the DB is somewhat larger than the Moss. On my "large" Moss, the bowl measures approx. 3-1/4 Dia. x 1-3/4 deep. The Dirty Bird measures approx. 3-5/8 Dia. x 2-3/8 deep.

Keep in mind that being hand thrown pieces, I'm sure another specimen could measure a little different than mine in the case of either scuttle.

The only reason I bought the second one, the Dirty Bird, was because my wife was not fond of the color of my Moss, the cobalt blue one . . . It didn't "go with the rest of the bathroom". She's happy with the much lighter blue of the dirty Bird.

As far as for my use, I build the lather on my face, so either scuttle does a great job of keeping my loaded brush nice and warm between passes. If you prefer to actually whip up the lather in your scuttle, you might like the Dirty Bird with it's somewhat larger bowl better.

Regards,
Tom

Kbennett, I have both a large Moss scuttle and a Dirty Bird. They both work well and hold within a 1/2 oz. of the same amount of water; however, the actual bowl of the DB is somewhat larger than the Moss. On my "large" Moss, the bowl measures approx. 3-1/4 Dia. x 1-3/4 deep. The Dirty Bird measures approx. 3-5/8 Dia. x 2-3/8 deep.

Keep in mind that being hand thrown pieces, I'm sure another specimen could measure a little different than mine in the case of either scuttle.

The only reason I bought the second one, the Dirty Bird, was because my wife was not fond of the color of my Moss, the cobalt blue one . . . It didn't "go with the rest of the bathroom". She's happy with the much lighter blue of the dirty Bird.

As far as for my use, I build the lather on my face, so either scuttle does a great job of keeping my loaded brush nice and warm between passes. If you prefer to actually whip up the lather in your scuttle, you might like the Dirty Bird with it's somewhat larger bowl better.

Regards,
Tom
That is what I figured. Technically the Moss isn't supposed to/wasn't designed to whip up lather in, but to keep the brush warm between passes. In that respect the Moss does a fantastic job, however, I'm finding that the way I use a scuttle I might be better off with a Dirty Bird. Just have to scrounge together a few bucks. Maybe next month.

Thanks for the info.

i've ordered a green one piece
my friend Jacques have a Georgetown
can't wait to see the difference between the 2
and if one better. i think both are excelent and it will probably be just a matter of personnal taste

Top Bottom