What's new

Dirty Bird Scuttle

I like the Moss scuttle better. More interesting glaze and shape. Tighter fit of the brush head in the inner bowl.

Best,

It looks clear that the bowl comes off the Dirty Bird. I like the idea of that, though I'm not sure it would matter.

I'm not in the market for a scuttle, but if I were, I think that the Dirty Bird is the best looking of the bunch that I've seen photos of here by which I mean the Georgetown, Moss and the one made by the fellow from Germany, Oskar (perhaps).

Congrats to the potter.

I really like the design of this scuttle (I have a large waterfall blue Moss scuttle). I like the look of the unfinished pot (a white or ivory color) for a simple, yet classic look.

Georgetown is finished with a glossy tecture while the DB has a matte finish. I have found that with the deeper ridges and more of them and the not so slippery surface there is ample friction between the brush and scuttle to create better lather.

It's not a glossy finish, and it has a non-slip, textured surface? This won't damage a brush's hair? Friction sounds scary for lathering. I've always made sure my bowls have been smooth as glass before using them for lathering, but I'm not sure I have reason to. Just looking for a little info on this subject.

Just threw my hat in the ring and ordered a Dirtybird scuttle.

I like the look of the full bellied sides that contain that much more hot water than the G3.

Now the wait....

For the 2-piece scuttle that was mentioned: does the lather bowl rattle around in the outer bowl? I'd be worried about the inner bowl slipping out and breaking.:eek:

I don't know how to create a thread and cannot find info. on how to do it so I will ask my question here. I've been in contact with Lori from Georgetown and she stated that she has done custom painted scuttles for B&B members. She only had one picture to share and lamented that she did not take pictures of the others that she has done. Her suggestion was for me to ask the B&B members that have had her do custom painted scuttles to show them so that I might see what she is able to do and to stimulate my imagination. So please SHOW UM!

P.S. I am sorry if this is not the most appropriate way to now ask about Georgetown scuttles but this is all I know how to do. If someone can give me a PM about how to create a new thread or where to go to learn how to, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks, Dan

Got my Dirty Bird over the weekend and love it. Wish I would have gone with the two piece but love the warm lather :biggrin:

Mine just arrived last Thursday.

Excellent craftsmanship. Nice to have warm lather for all passes.

Two thumbs up!

Thanks Julie!

Top Bottom