What's new

Describe your shaving experience with a movie title!

To the OP...Great idea for a thread!!

Here is my shave story as told with Movie Titles.

Before I found B&B, I was basically "A 40 Year Old Virgin" to DE razors. At the beginning of my shaving experience and in order to switch over to a DE and an SE, I had to "Get Smart". But old habits "Die Hard" and it took "Six Days and Seven Nights" to get rid my "The Sum Of All Fears", but I finally did it with a "Braveheart".

I thought shaving like this would be "Mission: Impossible", but my very first shave was with an "American Beauty"...a Gillette Tech, and it felt like, "The Day The Earth Stood Still". As I got better, my "Blades of Glory" began to really shine. "28 Days Later" I seemed to develop a "Sixth Sense" about shaving. "Gone in Sixty Seconds" were the "Speed Racer" days of quick shaves.

Finally I came to B&B and met "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen", I could see that this website was truly a "National Treasure".

PS - Looking back through the "Rear Window" I could see that I used to be "Psycho" but now I know that cartridge shaving is for "The Birds", and, like so many of you, DE shaving has me in a "Frenzy".

To the OP...Great idea for a thread!!

Here is my shave story as told with Movie Titles.

Before I found B&B, I was basically "A 40 Year Old Virgin" to DE razors. At the beginning of my shaving experience and in order to switch over to a DE and an SE, I had to "Get Smart". But old habits "Die Hard" and it took "Six Days and Seven Nights" to get rid my "The Sum Of All Fears", but I finally did it with a "Braveheart".

I thought shaving like this would be "Mission: Impossible", but my very first shave was with an "American Beauty"...a Gillette Tech, and it felt like, "The Day The Earth Stood Still". As I got better, my "Blades of Glory" began to really shine. "28 Days Later" I seemed to develop a "Sixth Sense" about shaving. "Gone in Sixty Seconds" were the "Speed Racer" days of quick shaves.

Finally I came to B&B and met "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen", I could see that this website was truly a "National Treasure".

PS - Looking back through the "Rear Window" I could see that I used to be "Psycho" but now I know that cartridge shaving is for "The Birds", and, like so many of you, DE shaving has me in a "Frenzy".

Too funny. :lol::lol::lol:

The Money Pit

Too true :lol:

OMG ROFLMAO :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Fantastic job!!!!

For me it was Fast and Furious

Before B&B = The Comancheros

In 1843 a roguish gambler Paul Regret (Stuart Whitman) escapes a death penalty after winning a duel with the son of a Louisiana judge, Emil Bouvier (Gregg Palmer) (and he claimed that he would have only wounded him if he hadn't sidestepped). He is captured by Texas Ranger Jake Cutter (John Wayne) after a tryst with a mysterious lady, Pilar Graile (Ina Balin). Regret manages to escape, but is soon recaptured after a chance encounter with Cutter in a saloon.
In the process of returning Regret to Louisiana, Cutter is forced to join forces with the condemned to fight the "Comancheros;" white men who smuggle guns and whiskey to the Comanche Indians and incite violence. Regret shows his worth by escaping an attack and returning with the other Texas Rangers.
Eventually they infiltrate the self-sufficient Comanchero community at the bottom of a valley in the desert. Pilar reappears as the daughter of the crippled but ruthless leader (Nehemiah Persoff). After Cutter and the other Texas Rangers defeat both the Comanches and Comancheros, Regret and Pilar leave together for Mexico and Jake rides off into the sunset.

I other words it wan't pretty but it got done.

After B&B = The Ballad of Cable Hogue

Cable Hogue (Jason Robards) is isolated in the desert, awaiting his partners, Taggart (L.Q. Jones) and Bowen (Strother Martin), who are scouting for water. The two plot to seize what little water remains to save themselves. Hogue, who hesitates to defend himself, is disarmed and abandoned to almost certain death.
Confronted with sandstorms and other desert elements, Hogue bargains with God. Four days later, about to perish, he stumbles upon a muddy pit. He digs and discovers an abundant supply of water.
After discovering that his well is the only source of water between two major towns on a stagecoach route, he decides to live there and build a business. Hogue’s first paying customer is the Rev. Joshua Duncan Sloane (David Warner), a wandering minister of a church of his own revelation. Joshua doubts the legitimacy of Hogue’s claim to the spring, prompting Hogue to race into town to file at the land office.
Hogue faces the mockery of everyone he tells about his discovery. That does not deter him from buying 2 acres (8,100 m2) surrounding his spring. He immediately goes to the stage office to drum up business, but is thrown out by the skeptical owner. He pitches his business plan to a bank president, who is dubious about the claim. But the now impassioned Hogue impresses the banker with his attitude and he is staked to $100.
Hogue, who hasn’t bathed since his desert wanderings, decides to treat himself to a night with Hildy (Stella Stevens), a prostitute in the town saloon. They quickly develop a jovial understanding, but before they can consummate the transaction, Hogue remembers that he has still not set up his boundary markers and rushes out, much to Hildy’s chagrin. She chases him out of the saloon in a sequence that wreaks havoc on the entire town.
Back at the spring, Hogue and Joshua get to work, dubbing the claim Cable Springs. The two decide to go into town and are drunk by the time they arrive. Hogue makes up with Hildy and spends the night with her, leaving Joshua to pursue his passion: the seduction of emotionally vulnerable women.
Hogue and Joshua continue to run the robust business, delighting in shocking the often genteel travelers with the realities of frontier life. In moments of solitude, Hogue and Joshua philosophize on the nature of love and the passing of their era. Joshua decides that he must return to town. Hildy arrives at Cable Springs having been “asked” to leave by the modernizing townfolk, who can no longer abide open prostitution in their midst. She tells Hogue that she will leave for San Francisco in the morning, but winds up staying with him for three weeks. This time elapses during a tender, romantic montage.
Then one day, Taggart and Bowen arrive on the stagecoach. Hogue lets them believe that he bears them no ill will. Hogue alludes to a huge stash of cash that he has hoarded, knowing that the two men will return to steal it. When they do, Hogue orders them to strip to their underwear to venture into the desert, just as he had been forced to do. Taggart, believing Hogue will once again hesitate to defend himself, reaches for his gun, but Hogue shoots him dead.
A motorcar appears, driving right past Cable Springs with no need or interest in stopping for water. The drivers laugh at the archaic scene of western violence as they race past. “Drove right by,” says Hogue in amazement. “Well, that’s gonna be the next fella’s worry.”
Hogue takes mercy on the grovelling Bowen. He even gives him Cable Springs, having decided to go to San Francisco to find Hildy. The stagecoach arrives and Hogue gets ready to pack up when suddenly another motorcar appears. This one does stop and Hildy emerges, opulently dressed. She has become prosperous and, now on her way to New Orleans, has come to see if Hogue is ready to join her. He agrees, but while he loads the motorcar he accidentally trips its brake. The car runs over Cable as he pushes Bowen out of the way.
Joshua, who arrives by motorcycle, gives a eulogy over the still living Hogue. This segues into an actual funeral with the entire cast standing mournfully over Hogue’s grave. They are grieving not only the death of the man, but the era he represents. The stagecoach and motorcar drive off in opposite directions, with a coyote wandering into the abandoned Cable Springs.
Or I could say that we are on the cusp once again with many of our favorite products fading away, yet can pensively enjoy our shaves and ponder our next one. To enjoy the moment.

:lol:

I'm surprised no one has used "Blade" as their movie. I guess we don't have many Wesley Snipes fans.

Last edited:
J

JHo78

After my first DE shave where I used a new-from-overseas Gillette 7 o'clock and Edge shave gel- The Man Without a Face

With a little practice and upgraded equipment- Old School

A Nightmare (1897) -- first time using the feather dx
The Miser's Doom (1899) -- shavette
A Fight with Sledgehammers (1902) -- first time using a wedge
The Infernal Boiling Pot (1903) -- one attempt using a scuttle
The Conquest of the Pole (1912) -- Merkur 12C
The Crimson Stain Mystery (1916) -- it felt good at the time
The Shock (1923) -- early prototype of the avestraightor
Warning Shadows (1923) -- knowing when to shave
Laughing At Danger (1924) -- before using the feather dx
The Unholy Three (1925) -- 3 Ts, post reformulation
Midnight Faces (1926) -- maybe that rechargeable electric has a use after all
Luring Shadows (1927) -- that purposeful shadow look

Tyler Perry themed:

Before using a DE and without this site: "I Can Do Bad All By Myself"
My wife when I decided to try a straight: "The Family That Preys"

Bad shave: Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Jagged Edge, Crocodile Dundee, Piranha, Towering Inferno, Heat, The Howling, Blood, Shattered, Resident Evil, My Bloody Valentine, Interview with a Vampire,(Mach 3 or Quattro OR getting in a hurry with an SE/DE)

Good shave: Cool Runnings, Smooth as Silk,(DE or SE)

Last edited:
Top Bottom