What's new

Blood?

I can't say I never nick myself shaving and draw blood, but I must admit it is fairly infrequent. About once a month. I don't believe I am especially skilled, just curious how often the rest of you draw blood while shaving.

A lot less often than that; maybe two times a year (not even the three I named first), when I do something particularly clumsy, but nothing that a touch with my styptic pencil doesn't fix right away.

Last edited:
I've only had 1-2 genuine nicks, where the razor dug in and cut. Otherwise, I do get weepers fairly often below my nose or at the sides of my mouth. I haven't quite found the right angle for these spots. Anything other than WTG seems to cause weepers. I also get the occasional bump that I cut the top of, which seems to be my most common issue, even those I have pretty smooth skin.

I've only been DE shaving for about a month and have not had any weepers or nicks.
I can attribute this to one of the following reasons.

1. I'm a natural born shaver.
2. I have leather skin.
3. I own an Edwin Jagger de89bl and have been extremely cautious.

Don't know what will happen when I start shaving with a Gillette New. Things may change.

I've only been DE shaving for about a month and have not had any weepers or nicks.
I can attribute this to one of the following reasons.

1. I'm a natural born shaver.
2. I have leather skin.
3. I own an Edwin Jagger de89bl and have been extremely cautious.

Don't know what will happen when I start shaving with a Gillette New. Things may change.

You will LOVE it!

Moles! The jokes left by the shave Gods! Also when in a hurry. You know the mole is there, you try to avoid it, you nick it then on the next pass you hit it again DOH!

but in all fairness, it is getting close to Halloween and having the spousal unit walk in as you turn to her with blood running down your face leaving the lather a nice gruesome pink is kinda funny seeing the reaction that is achieved. Happened today for the 1st time in a number of years and I hit it three times. usually do not get weepers or nicks. Just the occasional mole re-surfacing. Still getting used to the new Weber I guess:w00t:

For me, it happens every time I use a Feather blade. No matter how little pressure I use, I make a mess of things. But I am fairly new to DE shaving, so I am sure my technique (or lack thereof) is a significant contributor to it.

For me, it happens every time I use a Feather blade. No matter how little pressure I use, I make a mess of things. But I am fairly new to DE shaving, so I am sure my technique (or lack thereof) is a significant contributor to it.
It could also be the razor. Feathers are notoriously finicky. They work terrific in some razors, and give mediocre to disastrous results in others.

I didn't like Feathers the first time I tried it, in a Slim. I didn't like it when I tried it in my Merkur 34G. But when I put it in a 39C Slant, it was like a match made in heaven. Now, I use only Feathers in my Slants, and I either Derby or AstraSP in all my other razors.

Top Bottom