What's new

Blank screen for the last few days

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I'm sorry fellas, I don't know what to tell you.
Is there a common thread here?

Time of day?
Device you were using?
What were you were doing when it happened?

The site was crashing very badly almost exactly 24 hours ago. It has been twitchy since, but at no time any screen loss to report.

Device is a small laptop.

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
I've only seen that Cloudflare error screen a few times over the last few days, but it goes away with a simple page refresh. I've been using my Windows 11 laptop.

Typically, with a server issue you'd expect a cloudflare message as traffic is handled by them and they are pretty good about informing users of issues, like for example gateway failures. A blank screen really sounds like a local rendering issue. It may have been triggered by a broken connection, but if it persists, I'd begin debugging with the device/browser.

It was happening earlier today. Page would load and then suddenly all go white. I would reload and it would work. Then later, same thing.

Yes, me too. Started yesterday afternoon, screen went white 2 or 3 times. Today at least a half dozen times. B&B site only. Have to log out and then back in. Hasn't done it yet this evening.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Yup same with my laptop, windows 10 using and HP laptop. Other sites not a problem so it resides on B&B forum.

I did see the cloud thing pop up once while I was going to the site. And a few times in the last couple of days not been able to load B&B at all. I just did something else and tried again later and it was back. This is about the limit of my understanding and explanation when it comes to computer stuff.

Mine has been blanking out quite a bit these past few days, just did it when I found this post. Thought it was my ipad? Cleared out the junk, nope still doing it!

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Yup same with my laptop, windows 10 using and HP laptop. Other sites not a problem so it resides on B&B forum.

If this was server or website related, it would happen to everyone.
It doesn't happen to everyone.
It doesn't happen to me on any device with any browser and I'm probably on this site more than any other person.
I do occasionally get the Cloudflare error screen which corrects with a refresh. Irritating, but survivable.

A blank white screen - not so much.
Here are some troubleshooting solutions by others. None of the "blank white screen" problems are caused by the website or the server. In every case, it's the device or the software. It may only happen with some websites, but it still doesn't mean it's a website issue.

Top Bottom