What's new

Ever-ready Razor Metal Case Differences

I just received an Ever-ready 1914 cased set. While researching my razor I started to notice differences in the metal cases that were used. I suspect that ASR used whatever cases were available and may have sourced them from different manufacturers. But I’m wondering if there is any way to date these depending on feature differences? The main difference I’ve noticed is with the latch. There seems to have been at least three different types used:

IMG_6359.jpeg

IMG_6359.jpeg

IMG_6361.jpeg

IMG_6361.jpeg

IMG_6364.jpeg

IMG_6364.jpeg

Also, the case I received is blank on the base, but I found another online that has stamping on the base:

Blank base
IMG_6365.jpeg

Stamped base
IMG_6360.jpeg

Has anyone noticed these variations before? Any ideas about specific production dates?

Attachments

• IMG_6365.jpeg
    IMG_6365.jpeg
    778 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_6361.jpeg
    IMG_6361.jpeg
    173.1 KB · Views: 7
I found a few old ads, but not sure how to date them. I did learn from one ad that Ever-ready called the hexagonal nickeled handle razor the “Marvel.” Still, not sure how to date these, maybe 1920-30’s based on the illustration style?
IMG_6341.jpeg

Last edited:
I just received an Ever-ready 1914 cased set. While researching my razor I started to notice differences in the metal cases that were used. I suspect that ASR used whatever cases were available and may have sourced them from different manufacturers. But I’m wondering if there is any way to date these depending on feature differences? The main difference I’ve noticed is with the latch. There seems to have been at least three different types used:

View attachment 1797369

View attachment 1797370

View attachment 1797381

View attachment 1797373

View attachment 1797374

View attachment 1797376

Also, the case I received is blank on the base, but I found another online that has stamping on the base:

Blank base
View attachment 1797383

Stamped base
View attachment 1797379

Has anyone noticed these variations before? Any ideas about specific production dates?
The one with the loop clamp with no writing on the bottom is my favorite.
I really like this case. I own the first one also. Nice, but the snap isn’t as strong when closing. You would think the opposite to be true. Both are good cases. Better than wooden or plastic.

Top Bottom