What's new

A Wet Shaver's New York

awesome! ya I felt very "in the way" at the UES location, and I sorta rushed to get out of there. They clerks seemed to be bothered everytime I asked for some help. I'll be back in the city in about a month so I'm really excited to stop by the 34th street store. Wish we had a store like this in Hollywood

Don't get me wrong, both are more squished than anything you'd be used to. But the 34th is a tad wider!

Don't get me wrong, both are more squished than anything you'd be used to. But the 34th is a tad wider!

Absolutely. It redefines narrow aisles.

That adds to the experience, for some strange reason! I kind of like the feeling of being overwhelmed by so much stuff!

In retrospect, I still look back on that day last week and can't get over how much I enjoyed being in there. I'm still worried that it's so close to me (AD), but I completely look forward to to using all my purchases from there. The 37C is getting a lot of attention right now, but my new Fatip will be getting a look soon, too. :001_cool:

You're right, it does. :thumbup: Even having the trap door yawn open is part of it too. I'll be back in 3 weeks...good for me, bad for my wallet. :glare:

That adds to the experience, for some strange reason! I kind of like the feeling of being overwhelmed by so much stuff!

In retrospect, I still look back on that day last week and can't get over how much I enjoyed being in there. I'm still worried that it's so close to me (AD), but I completely look forward to to using all my purchases from there. The 37C is getting a lot of attention right now, but my new Fatip will be getting a look soon, too. :001_cool:

You're right, it does. :thumbup: Even having the trap door yawn open is part of it too. I'll be back in 3 weeks...good for me, bad for my wallet. :glare:

Yeah, so much potential product / hardware in such tight quarters! I have not found a better place for this stuff anywhere, and this was the uptown location!

Okay guys and gals, I'm headed back to Manhattan on the 12th of November. I've already got a haircut planned at the Fifth Avenue Barbershop, and maybe a shave. At Fifth and 35th it's just around the corner from Pasteur midtown. I've really gotten into scents, so I'm thinking about checking out a few scent shops to exercise the old snozz. I already tried Sephora and wasn't impressed. Any suggestions for midtown, Chelsea, or the Meat Packing District?
I'm using points to stay at the Algonquin, and taking a client to Del Posto. Also making another visit to J. Jonah Jameson's office in the Flatiron.
Speaking of scents, they were passing out samples of Stan Lee cologne at NY Comic Con last month. Sorry Stan, I've napped next to you in the Admirals Club at JFK, but I don't want to smell like you.
So, shave brothers, anything I'm missing? I won't be around for Christmas and Rockefeller Center. My next trip back is February and Toy Fair.

Okay guys and gals, I'm headed back to Manhattan on the 12th of November. I've already got a haircut planned at the Fifth Avenue Barbershop, and maybe a shave. At Fifth and 35th it's just around the corner from Pasteur midtown. I've really gotten into scents, so I'm thinking about checking out a few scent shops to exercise the old snozz. I already tried Sephora and wasn't impressed. Any suggestions for midtown, Chelsea, or the Meat Packing District?
I'm using points to stay at the Algonquin, and taking a client to Del Posto. Also making another visit to J. Jonah Jameson's office in the Flatiron.
Speaking of scents, they were passing out samples of Stan Lee cologne at NY Comic Con last month. Sorry Stan, I've napped next to you in the Admirals Club at JFK, but I don't want to smell like you.
So, shave brothers, anything I'm missing? I won't be around for Christmas and Rockefeller Center. My next trip back is February and Toy Fair.

I'm extremely jealous. I don't get back to NYC nearly as often as I'd like. And I have yet to go to Del Posto, though it is high on my list. Have you ever been to Felidia? Way back when it was one of my favorites in The City. Back in the 90's Lydia was regularly walking around the dining room checking up on things. She may be too busy for that these days.

I haven't been to Felidia, but it's on my list now. Thanks.
Pierce

I'm extremely jealous. I don't get back to NYC nearly as often as I'd like. And I have yet to go to Del Posto, though it is high on my list. Have you ever been to Felidia? Way back when it was one of my favorites in The City. Back in the 90's Lydia was regularly walking around the dining room checking up on things. She may be too busy for that these days.

We are regulars at becco's and it's one of our go to favorites but found Felidia and the tasting menu to be a disappointment. Your tastes may differ.

It's great to see members enjoying everything that NYC has to offer.

I live across from the United Nations and work in midtown. Since is only a very short walk to both Pasteurs (and just about everything else), I generally pop-in at least once a week, if not more. On the weekends, I often chat extensively with other friendly wet shavers from across the country and the world, many of whom are members of B&B. It is very bemusing to watch grown men act like young children in candy store, hands overflowing with shaving goodies and deciding what else may be "necessary" to purchase on their "special trip" before their waiting wives, girlfriends and daughters grow overy bored and impatient.

I hope I never to take my lucky situation for granted. Also, when shopping, don't forget to offer a friendly "hello" to the guy near you in the crowded corridor, it just may be me!

I will be back in NYC in February for Toy Fair. I will get my hair cut at the Fifth Avenue Barbershop (the cuts are so good, I am overdue, but don't know where to go, here at home). I will visit Pasteur and come away with something. I want to visit a perfume store. I am hoping for something small that is not Sephora. Questions…what would you get at Pasteur? Do you know of a little perfume shop? What is your favorite cologne?

I know a lot of guys love 5th avenue barber but if you want another great place to check out in the east village/LES check out Bens Barber one Ave A. Haircut & a shave for $28. Great place.

I know this thread is a bit old but i couldn't resist...

I'm a bit of a snob too. I was thinking either Lombardi's, Ray's, Ray's or Ray's.
pizza 33 also makes some great slices, although i have only gotten the margherita pizza because there is just nothing better.

You want the best pizza? Go to New Haven, CT. New York has good pizza, but N'Haven's pizza is better!
You know i live in ct and i have sadly never been to the famous new haven spots! I really need to make an effort to get there.

This pizza talk could be its own thread. Stanton pizza never gets any love.....
$l.jpg
$l.jpg

plain slices for $2 fuhgeddaboutit

Please god don't post pictures of Pizza . You would be mortified :a47:if you saw what they called "pizza" in Japan.

Can't wait to go to Arthur Ave and load up when I get home this summer :drool:

I know this thread is a bit old but i couldn't resist...

pizza 33 also makes some great slices, although i have only gotten the margherita pizza because there is just nothing better.

You know i live in ct and i have sadly never been to the famous new haven spots! I really need to make an effort to get there.

I prefer The Spot on Wooster St., but also Modern and Abate. Don't bother with any of the franchise Pepe's. They're not the same :001_unsur

Top Bottom