What's new

New here but not to wet shaving

Hey guys, new here

ive always wet shaved and cartridge as electric never worked for me.

Several years ago got a Merkur and personna blades but nick my neck a lot and after a few tries went back to cartridge.

Then i recently got a gillette blue tip from the bay and used a feather blade and noticed it cut less aggressive but still nicked my neck a lot and after researched i realize i have been pressing to hard like would with a cartridge and so today with just gliding the razor instead of pressing i got no nicks.

So i see how technique is critical for good shaves!

Welcome to B&B where the smoothest bunch on the internet hangs out! Greetings from Raleigh ,NC.

Indeed technique is critical. Taking one step at the time and learning each time and the shaves will get better over time. It also takes a while for the skin to get used to wet shaving even if you came from cartridges. Just take it easy, hang in there, ask a bunch of questions and you will get to wonderful shaves in no time.

Hey guys, new here

Several years ago got a Merkur and personna blades but nick my neck a lot and after a few tries went back to cartridge.

Then i recently got a gillette blue tip from the bay and used a feather blade and noticed it cut less aggressive but still nicked my neck a lot and after researched i realize i have been pressing to hard like would with a cartridge and so today with just gliding the razor instead of pressing i got no nicks.

[/
Hey guys, new here

Yes indeedy! It takes a bit of a learning curve to go from a cart razor to a double edge. Best suggestion I can make is just try to shave off the lather until you get used to shaving with a double edge, then you'll cut yourself less. Good sharp blade is a must. Takes a bit of practice to get the proper angle down.
Yes and by the way, welcome.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
Welcome to B&B, we're glad you're here. There are a great many blades that are more forgiving (all of them?) than a Feather for beginning DE shavers.

Welcome to B&B, we're glad you're here. There are a great many blades that are more forgiving (all of them?) than a Feather for beginning DE shavers.

I got one of those multi-packs on amazon and already had the big box personnas.
IMG_6788.jpeg

Top Bottom