What's new

Are You A Wet Shaving Influencer?

Am wondering how many of you have influenced others to switch from multi blade cartridge razors to DE razors and join the retro revolution we all here are committed to? Just last week I was on a road trip with a new friend and as we put many miles behind us I introduced him to wet shaving. Gave him a bit of a sales pitch.

After an hour of discussion he pulled out his phone and ordered a DE razor and a pack of sample blades.

How about you guys? Have you converted anyone lately? I would love to hear your stories.

I’ve influenced family and friends, mainly to help them save money. Yes, you can actually save money. Of course, there is also the better shaves one will experience.
Many of us started out with the goal of saving money and end up spending alot more once the hobby has gotten to us. I really only need one DE razor and some blades. Now have a bunch of razors and several years worth of blades, not to mention a wide variety of soaps. Yeah, really saved money! Did not have to be that way but you know how it is.

Many of us started out with the goal of saving money and end up spending alot more once the hobby has gotten to us. I really only need one DE razor and some blades. Now have a bunch of razors and several years worth of blades, not to mention a wide variety of soaps. Yeah, really saved money! Did not have to be that way but you know how it is.
I have saved hundreds, but I guess I am the exception, not the rule. My kids also are saving money. It is pretty easy if you stay off B&B, as my kids do, or are cheap, as I am.

I helped convert my younger brother to wetshave. I tried to convince my dad but he sticks with the Sensor3/ Mach3 style razors. I try to help out newbies here with advice.

I've taught each of my sons how to, but none of them are currently de shaving. They all use carts. I think it's just an matter of the season of life they are each in. Daily routines are simply a chore to them, with families & careers at the forefront of the daily schedule. I've also converted a few friends to this wonderful routine.

When I first got into traditional wet shaving I tried to espouse the advantages and benefits of traditional wet shaving but most of my buddies I talked to about it didn't seem to enthusiastic about trying it out so I stopped mentioning it. My Son was pretty enthusiastic about it when he first started shaving but now he mostly uses a beard trimmer and sports a scruffy look these days since that is what is cool and acceptable at his work.

When I first got into traditional wet shaving I tried to espouse the advantages and benefits of traditional wet shaving but most of my buddies I talked to about it didn't seem to enthusiastic about trying it out so I stopped mentioning it. My Son was pretty enthusiastic about it when he first started shaving but now he mostly uses a beard trimmer and sports a scruffy look these days since that is what is cool and acceptable at his work.
I understand, not everybody understands our interest or hobby. My wife and daughters are not impressed with my new shaving hobby. However, I have influenced a number of friends and acquaintances and gotten them interested in DE shaving. I think I am sort of a sales person when I get interested in something and learn enough to interest others in the idea. I would like to work behind the counter at a shaving den business in my retirement. The advantages of DE shaving are worth sharing and generally an easy sell.

Gave my Stepdad a Parker 99R, Astra blades, and a tube of Cremo Cream.

That was maybe 10 years ago. The Cremo Cream is still in the cabinet. He uses the razor and blades. But for him, shaving is still a chore, not a moment of Zen.

Everyone thinks I'm insane.

I tried with my father and was almost successful until he decided it was too risky because he’s on blood thinners.

Same happened with my dad. He wetshaved for decades every day since he was a policeman, then retired and occasionally grabbed an electric razor. Bought him a Henson and Cremo, fist shave was great, he knew how to do it. Second shave he went nuts (fast shave, like when he was young) and ended up with several cuts that wouldn’t stop bleeding. So yeah, now I have an extra Henson and tube of Cremo

What revolution? In the Western world DE shavers are a very small part of all shavers. Actually it is a niche market. Don't fool yourself.

When at work people ask what I use. I say a DE razor, soap stick and a brush. Majority are amazed those are still around. When they ask if I have anything they can borrow. I’ll hand them a BIC Metal.
After use they ask, how I they can get some. But not any real takers on “Wet Shaving” ages are between 20- 50+

Sometimes when I'm at Planet Fitness there will be some guy in the locker room, shaving at one of the three sinks. And I think, "Would anyone notice that I'm using some outlandish piece of kit if I was in here doing that?"

Something ostentatious, like my Futur, Bohemia, Timeless, or Progress? Would I be able to spread the Gospel According to King Gillette?

But I really don't have a reason to shave at the gym.

I showed my brother a picture of my Leaf Twig and he immediately showed interest and ended up buying one.
But that's been the extent of my awesome reach as an influencer. 🤣

Top Bottom