What's new

2012 LE Brush** see post 108 pls**

I'm a fan of Emillion, Polo (urn), tulip and Beehive shapes (all in Rudy's repertoire), the #29, and B&B Scotch.
I could go for a B&B Scotch. That's what I drink, and its all that I drink. If we go that route, a B&B Glencairn snifter should be available as an option.

Oh, we're supposed to be talking about brushes, huh? I don't know much about M&F, so I'm neutral on that score. My current line-up of B&B brushes include one by Edwin Jagger ('06), two by Kent ('09 and Essential) and the latest, Rudy Vey ('11.) Still looking for an '08 if anyone has one they'd like to sell.

For the '12, I'd want to see a Simpson or a Rooney in Finest, with a knot of 18~20mm ... the handle shape is still debatable, but I'm leaning towards a solid color, not a pattern. I'd tolerate a pattern if the handle were made from a natural material like horn or stone or wood, instead of resin or acryllic.

I think that Simpson would probably be easier to work with to get a custom made, since we already have members that are affiliated with the company. And I wouldn't have any objection to another RV masterpiece.

Dibs on #18.

Since we're calling dibs, I'd like 71.

As to my constructive input - I'd like to see a Simpson or Rooney Finest as well, but in the 22-23mm range. Not opposed to a RV as well, preferably with a Shavemac knot.

Mysterio, I think the 2011 was $80. I'm pretty sure the earlier ones were more expensive, especially the 09 Kent.

Thanks for the info sir! I'd definitely be interested at a ~$100 price point if we can come up with a design that tickles my fancy...

It would be cool to have a real one. Just lather the whole badger up and rub it on your face...you would need a really big bowl for it to run around in and develop a lather.
But what do you think of the idea...or is it too crazy?

Honestly, I think a handle shaped like a badger would be ackward to hold, and it would be difficult to have a flat base to stand the brush on. For something purely ornamental it might be neat, but I imagine most of us want a brush we can actually use.

It is 3.14159 ... I put you down as one because I doubt it will be possible (if it is possible that will be really cool).

Also as a note to everyone, if you ask for a number please make sure you have contributed. The rule is in red on the bottom of the first post, please be honorable.

He's asking for NEGATIVE one, to be funny or to take a little jab at us requesting numbers. I think to get number -1 you'd have to settle for a prototype or a rejected/flawed first run brush...

Thanks for the info sir! I'd definitely be interested at a ~$100 price point if we can come up with a design that tickles my fancy...

I feel as if when we go to the manufacturer and tell them what we want they will give us a price. I fell that manufacturer would not make it too unreasonable because a lot of people would be buying it.

I am personally fine with anyone who makes it, if feel that no matter who we go with it will be a great quality brush.

but what do you think of the idea...or is it too crazy?

I think handles that are turned on a lathe are like a bazillion times easier to make than an actual carved handle... Are most of the "uniformly shaped" resin handles turned or cast? (Again, newb here). I had presumed that most of the custom handles I'd seen had been turned. I suppose we could have something carved, molded then cast for us... Non-newbs, what do you think? What would that do to the price?

Last edited:
I'd like to see a badger two band finest in ~22-24mm with loft 44-48mm with an acrylic that simulates magma to play off this 2012 "end of the world" mumbo-jumbo. I think doomsday, I think magma, don't know why.

Oh and #33 for me if we got the numbercalling.

I'd like to see a badger two band finest in ~22-24mm with loft 44-48mm with an acrylic that simulates magma to play off this 2012 "end of the world" mumbo-jumbo. I think doomsday, I think magma, don't know why.

Hmm I actually kinda like that idea, or something along those lines... I'm all for taking a jab at the mumbo-jumboists... :biggrin1:

Please reserve #PI for me. If already taken, an approximation of #3.14157 would suffice. Otherwise, I want #-1.

It was brought to my attention the the - in front of the one was not a typo. I will change your number now (if you actually want to reserve a number let me know). Also after much deep thought and self reflection I am switching my number to #1 thereby opening up #13.

Last edited:
I wonder what a handle made out of the pen material Brian Edison uses would look like? I really like the look of his cappuccino and persimmon pens.

$1044975991_ehwdC-XL-6.jpg $i-KzjF6Cw-XL.jpg

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.

Those are specs I can live with happily.

I know I am new here but I feel like there is always talk about Travel brushes....what about doing a 2012 B&B SE Travel brush. something like the mighty midget with a mixed (boar and badger) knot? Great for face lathering and for traveling!

If we do end up making one, I'd like to be number 14. What do you all think?

Top Bottom