What's new

2012 LE Brush** see post 108 pls**

It's just a mock up of what i want to make.It will look alot better with a stabilized black ash burl bottom with a truestone banded ivory top and 30mm of badger to top it off.That is if the wife lets me of course.Stabilized woods aren't that costly, a bottle stopper size blank is only 10-15 bucks.

I like the idea of a persian jar in a green that leans more to a green marble/onyx. An example of something similar isthis from Rockler. I think it would be awesome with a finest badger in a fan shape!

Oh, and since we're numbering, dibs on #3 if possible

I really like that green. If anything it could a tad bit darker. In response to fan I would prefer a fan minus a little. Not sure what that would be called...I guess I would call it a "not full fan"
I am updating numbers now.

Fan "minus a little" sounds interesting, and it would also go along with making an LE brush a little different. Has there been any discussion yet about the type of hair or size of knot?

Fan "minus a little" sounds interesting, and it would also go along with making an LE brush a little different. Has there been any discussion yet about the type of hair or size of knot?

None so far. I fell the general consensus has been on green. There was one white and i think 2 blues.
Beehive was suggested than withdrawn. Marbled white Persian Jar, Havard Style (2 agree), banded ivory, Emillio, and Polo (urn) have been mentioned.
Hair one person requested it be badger and not horse or beaver. I assume that they also meant to include synthetic in that list.

I am taking somewhat detailed notes. When we have started to narrow it down a bit I will put them up on the first post so everyone won't have to read through every single page to get a general idea.

I would like to see a black and white bullhorn handle, silvertip hair, standard m&f handle shaping (curve with bulging band [preferably chubby styled]). A bulb shaped loft that is thick and huge would be nice to have as well.
Honestly if I could take the 09 LE and slap a chub handle and M&F name on it that would be perfect. I use the 09LE daily and nothing compares yet.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
I certainty wouldn't object to the TGN finest knot from the 2011, but a little wider, as I said maybe 24mm

I'd be interested. I think a 24mm knot would be good too. I like the idea of a faux horn or wood handle, they always look traditional to me. failing that I like the metal+resin combo handles due to their heft. and I'd like #99

Please reserve #PI for me. If already taken, an approximation of #3.14157 would suffice. Otherwise, I want #-1.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Please reserve #PI for me. If already taken, an approximation of #3.14157 would suffice. Otherwise, I want #-1.

I think to get #1 you have to take the bull by the horns and organize the whole thing.

I would not like a flat top; hate the look. A nice fan would work for me. And definitely badger

It is 3.14159 ... I put you down as one because I doubt it will be possible (if it is possible that will be really cool).

Also as a note to everyone, if you ask for a number please make sure you have contributed. The rule is in red on the bottom of the first post, please be honorable.

I think to get #1 you have to take the bull by the horns and organize the whole thing.

I would not like a flat top; hate the look. A nice fan would work for me. And definitely badger

Would that count as what I am in, some sense, doing. Because if so I will change my number to #0. This is me requesting to change my number to 0 if what I am doing can be considered organizing this.

Also upon request I can scan and email my notes on the forum to you. I will eventually get around to typing them up so it is easier to navigate. Currently they are on a piece of paper with a reference number to where the idea is. Example: Persian jar and Havard style were suggested on post number 33.

I just thought of something completely outrageous!!! What if the handle was a badger (not a real one but in the shape of one)!!!!

Why not a real one?

It would be cool to have a real one. Just lather the whole badger up and rub it on your face...you would need a really big bowl for it to run around in and develop a lather.
But what do you think of the idea...or is it too crazy?

I would like a bulb shaped, smaller, 2-band knot with an ivory-looking handle with a fake scrimshaw design of a bulb shaped, smaller, 2-band knot with an ivory-looking handle with a fake scrimshaw design. Any number will do. Option 2 would be a bulb shaped, smaller, 2-band knot with an ivory-looking handle with either the entire Magna Carta or the Gettysburg address inscribed on there. Purchaser may also choose from the Constitution of the Italian Republic, the French Constitution of 1789 ( or 1791, 1793, 1795, 1830, or 1958), 1937 Bunreacht Na hÉireann, or the constitution of their choice.

Top Bottom