What's new

Dream breakfast

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
The recent "ode to the ribeye steak" resulted in me eating several pounds of beef in short order.

... what is this thread going to do to me?? :eek::w00t:

Winner: Chicken fried steak (with white country gravy) and eggs (over easy) with crispy hashbrowns au gratin. Tabasco on everything, and OJ and fresh ground black coffee.

Close, If I could change the Hashbrowns to fries with gravy it would be spot on....

But that would be a toss up with my other favorite. My Lumberjack special

Two plate sized fluffy pancakes stuffed with three eggs over light, sausage patties, sauteed pepers and onions topped with butter, maple syrup and tabasco....

I know, I know...The heart is seizing just thinking about it, but damn it's good...:001_smile

You are forgetting the liquid refreshment kind sir...

proxy.php

Will, you're a man after me own heart. To show you how crazy we of the Celtic variety are, I have seriously thought about replacing the water in my oatmeal with Guinness or a good Scotch Ale. Just to see how it turns out.

Regards, Todd

How could it be anything else. Slightly unhealthy, but worth it.

It has top be done right though:
scrambled or fried egg (or both, or maybe a poached egg to be healthy, basically just some egg in some form)
bacon
fried bread
maybe hash browns or sausages
black pudding (accept no substitutes)

A full Scottish or an Ulster Fry beats it hands down for me.

Add on a slice of Lorne and fruit pudding (Scottish) or white pudding (Ulster fry) and you're there... Don't tell your cardiologist though :biggrin:

When I was in university up in Thunder Bay (NORTH of Minnesota!), I'd do a lot of cross-country skiiing and we'd go to the restraunt in the basement of the Finnish community centre and order up the big breakfast, which consisted of the following:

3 plate-sized finnish pancakes (think of a thick crepe - not at all fluffly)
2 fried eggs
4 strips of bacon
4 sausages
1 very large slice of ham

Oh yeah, I think it also came with a couple of slices of toast and all the nasty coffee you could drink!

I think the cost was about $8 (this is more than 10 years ago).

Fortunately for my arteries and waistline, we'd then go out and ski about 25 - 30 km!

A full Scottish or an Ulster Fry beats it hands down for me.

Add on a slice of Lorne and fruit pudding (Scottish) or white pudding (Ulster fry) and you're there... Don't tell your cardiologist though :biggrin:

Damn this thread! Ulster fry will now be happening on saturday. My irish roots can come out and play!

I'm not really a morning person so I would say:

• Freshly brewed pot of English Breakfast tea
  • Warm croissants w/ melted butter and strawberry jam
  • A copy of The Times

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I'm not really a morning person so I would say:

• Freshly brewed pot of English Breakfast tea
  • Warm croissants w/ melted butter and strawberry jam
  • A copy of The Times

How did it taste?

2 eggs over medium or scrambled with sausage, cheddar, and onion
3 pieces thick cut bacon, crispy but not burned
Hash browns
2 buttermilk biscuits with apple butter

or

Baked oatmeal with whatever fruit is available served in a bowl with milk.

Fresh ground Tanzanian Peaberry from the French Press and a large glass of orange juice.

I had pizza this morning. I have to admit I gave a beer a thought or two as it was looking at me when I pulled out the left over pizza...

My Mom is a fantastic cook, as is my mother-in-law and Mrs. Soapbox too. I would turn it over to them, but I know what would transpire:

garlic cheese grits
sausage and apple ring
egg and cheese casserole
bacon
my Mom's buttermilk biscuits
my Dad's french press coffee
orange juice
Mom's plum jelly or orange marmalade
Lipitor (my father in law is an MD)
...and possibly one of my bloody marys

I thought the answer to this one would be easy "A full English".

However on reflection some years ago I was in Santa Monica and I had what was an unforgettable breakfast. In typical American fashion, bigger than anything I had ever seen before. All the usual suspects; bacon, sausage, eggs, beans and the winning ingredient a huge chunk of sirloin steak, it must have been an 8oz. It was about fifteen years ago and has never been bettered.

3 eggs over easy,bacon fried crisp,fried potatoes,refried beans,salsa and corn tortillas washed down with hot,black coffee.:tongue_sm

I'm a simpleton:

2 eggs over easy, 5-10 slices of crispy bacon, two pieces toast with butter and jam, hash browns (shredded variety) with Tabasco and ketchup.

To drink: Water, Coffee, and OJ.

the dream breakfast would be in bed ,a stiff espresso and a cinnomen bagel served by Salma Hayek!.....ya .....SALMA!

Top Bottom